Her Guy Friend: Need a Tanning Buddy?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

Finally, the long anticipated spring has sprung at the Forest. This means a lot of things for us students. Firstly, we have only a little bit of time left to get our grades up to a respectable point. Next, more importantly, we have to figure out what we can wear around campus.

One word comes to mind and that is sundress – sundresses everywhere! It is like the ladies of wake walked out of a Lilly Pulitzer catalog. (Shout out to my girl Lilly, by the way, you’re your life will be greatly missed by the ladies of Wake).

However, I have noticed the first few weeks of spring seem to be a fashion show on campus and some girls are rocking the work-out clothes. A better mix of the two would be nice in my opinion, but boys’ opinions don’t seem to matter much around here when it comes to clothes…

I’m done tearing up now though, because the spring brings another lovely detail – bathing suits and tanning on Davis field. On the weekends, while walking around campus, one of my favorite things (and many other boys’) is to see the ladies of Wake Forest soaking up some sunrays.

What do I have to say to you about sunbathing? Do it more!

You like to be tan and we, as males, love to see you tan, too. As always you ladies are the best so keep up the good work.

And please don’t be creeped out by this; in fact, I love to tan myself. So, if you ever need a tanning buddy, you know who to call – your trusty guy friend. 

*images courtesy of Wake Forest and Google Images 

A Communications major and Journalism minor from New Jersey, Ellie has been writing for HerCampus for almost 3 years now. Known for her sassy personality and sunny outlook on life, Ellie prides herself on her confidence and composure- especially when it comes to how she writes! Ellie is the oldest of four girls, and in her free time loves a good book, the beach, and coffee of any variety. An active writer and blogger, Ellie is so pleased to have taken over the role of Editorial Campus Correspondent for HC-WakeForest, and looks forward to another year of lots of HCLove.