Chris Willson (14’)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

Strong, Spiritual, and all around Sexy: Ladies, Get in Line for Chris Wilson in this Week’s Campus Cutie!

Name:Christopher Arthur Willson
Class:Sophomore
Hometown: West Covina, California
Birthday:November 8, 1991
Relationship Status:“Very Single”

HC (Her Campus):So, since you’re from Cali, do you know how to surf?
CW (Chris Willson):Yeah, I’ve actually been surfing since I was 15 years old. Every time I go back home I try and surf as much as I can.

HC:What do you do in your spare time?
CW:I play the keyboard a little bit, and just chill with my friends.

HC:What’s your favorite type of music?
CW:I pretty much listen to everything – anything that jams. Like reggae and rock.

HC:Favorite Movie? 
CW:I like a lot of movies. Caddy Shack is up there. Since I’m a baseball player, I like The Sandlot too.

HC:What surprises most people about you?
CW:That I can play the keyboard and jam out. No one really expects a big guy to play the keyboard (laughs).

HC:Do you have any nicknames?
CW:Well the guys on the baseball team call me Diesel, just because I’m a big guy. That’s the only one I’ve heard of.
 [pagebreak]
HC:Okay, so we’ve got to know, boxers or briefs?
CW:Actually briefs, I like the snug athletic feel (laughs).

HC:(Laughs). So, I see you have a tattoo?
CW:Yeah I actually have three. I got my first one junior year in high school.

HC:What was it?
CW:It’s a Japanese symbol on my hip; it means strength. When I was younger I broke my hip from falling off a tree. I got it because I thought it would be cool and mean something. But it’s not really that cool.

HC:No I get it! What does the tattoo on your arm say?
CW:It says “Glory to God.” I’m actually really spiritual and religious and that’s how I live my life. I also lead Bible studies for the baseball team.

HC:Oh wow, that’s really cool.
CW:Yeah, coming off, people just think I’m really arrogant; but that’s not how I am, I’m just really outgoing. My parents are deep into faith and I really have a strong support system. I try to live my life every day for God.

HC:So you play baseball here, right?
CW:Yeah, I’m a pitcher.

HC:Did you come to Wake for baseball?
CW:Yeah I got recruited to come here.

HC:And how do you like it so far?
CW: Oh I like it here. I like the small atmosphere and just the class size and everyone is pretty cool here.

HC:What do you do besides baseball?
CW:I love helping kids. I go volunteer at the elementary school down the street sometimes and I go hang out with the 3rd graders.

HC:Any thoughts on the girls at Wake and how they dress?
CW:Well it’s different than where I’m from, but I enjoy it when the sundresses come out (laughs). The preppy look I can deal with.

HC:What type of qualities do you look for in a girl?
CW:Anyone cool, down-to-earth, and easy to hang out with and talk to.

HC:What are you most attracted to in a girl?
CW:I think confidence is key and it helps you stand out. A girl who’s confident in herself is attractive.

HC:What actress do you find the most attractive?
CW:Catherine Zeta Jones – I like that ethnic look. Being from LA I’m used to a lot of Hispanic women, but I mean anything’s fine.
 [pagebreak]
HC:Okay, so how long was your longest relationship?
CW: In high school I was in a relationship for about 8 months, and that was the only relationship I’ve ever had.

HC:So why did you two break up?
CW:We were at different points in our lives and I needed to do things for myself and for college and everything. It was just too much turmoil.

HC:So I’ve seen you on the dance floor, where did you learn to dance?
CW:Umm my grandma actually (laughs).

HC:(Laughing) Really?
CW:Yeah when I was younger she would always dance with me and stuff. So I learned from her and I think that’s where my moves come from (laughs).

HC:Any goals for the future?
CWI’m going to continue playing baseball as long as I can, and after that I actually want to do missionary work and spread the word.

Jackie Swoyer is a rising senior at Wake Forest University majoring in Business and Enterprise Management, concentrating in Marketing and minoring in Economics. While her collegiate years have been spent in the Carolinas, this aspiring marketer currently calls Cincinnati, Ohio home...although she has spent years moving all over the country and beyond (including a five year period in Europe!). She is currently prepping for a summer internship in the Frito Lay Marketing Division in Plano, Texas, a new stop on her geographical repertoire. An avid reader of all things Her Campus, Jackie also loves to write, listen to Pandora, practice her cooking skills, and find live music anywhere she can.