This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

Being stuck at home can feel like a drag, especially after living on campus for a few months. While your family may drive you crazy, here are a few things to keep you busy and happy!

1. Pick up a new hobby

Whether it be painting, sewing, doing puzzles, or teaching your dog tricks, try to do something that brings you happiness that isn’t online, especially after a predominately online semester. 

2. Set some sort of goal

You can set a simple goal to reach out to a different person each week. Whether that be virtually or socially distant, it doesn’t matter. Or, if you want to set an active and more major goal, try to train for a 5k (they have apps for this!)

3. Take time to reflect

2020 has been a crazy year, and because of that, you may need to take some time to break things down. You can even journal about it!

4. Appreciate the good times

One way to really highlight the good things that happened this past year is by printing out some of the pictures you might have taken. This way, you can emphasize and look back on your positive highlights! 

5. Organize your life

This may seem like a big task, but it’s all about the little steps. Step one can be as easy as cleaning out your sock drawer; maybe get rid of the sock that lost its pair in the laundry. And then work your way up to more significant projects like cleaning out your closet and either selling or donating unused or unwanted items! 

Doing all or just one of these things can make you feel accomplished and help get ahead on the right path into 2021!

Carly Warren

Wake Forest '23

Class of 2023 from Atlanta, Georgia!
Taylor Knupp

Wake Forest '21

Taylor is a senior from Harrisburg, PA studying Business and Enterprise Management. She is the outgoing Editor-In-Chief of Her Campus at WFU. Taylor plans to move to New York City after graduation to work as a Business Analyst at Verizon.