This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

Although it is still February, the dull days of winter are soon ending, and the coming of spring means new spring trends. While in the midst of shopping for my spring wardrobe (I now own way too much pastel), I was inspired to also look for fresh beauty looks. After an hour on Pinterest and flipping through my favorite Marie Claires and InStyle, here are some of the best tips to try this spring:

1. Barely-There Make-up and a Bold Lip

Skip the foundation and opt for a tinted moisturizer and then a little mascara. Top it all off with a bold lip stain in a pinkish-red shade. This look is perfect for a roof-top dinner with the girls.

1. Teased Beach Waves

Take simple hair waves (which can be done with a curling iron) and tease it out with a comb for a messy and undone look. Top with a sea salt spray- (Whole Foods has a great lavender one). Then pull front sections loosely back to create a bohemian look.

1. Pastel Nails

I have never been one to stray too far away from the neutral pinks, but this spring soft lavender or even baby blue may be a good trend to try. My advice is to stay away from the yellows. Yellow does not belong on nails.

1. Flower- Inspired Perfume

What better way to top off a new season than with a new scent? Floral scents are timeless and a perfect match to the blooming of a new season.

*Article by Sarah Shin

A Communications major and Journalism minor from New Jersey, Ellie has been writing for HerCampus for almost 3 years now. Known for her sassy personality and sunny outlook on life, Ellie prides herself on her confidence and composure- especially when it comes to how she writes! Ellie is the oldest of four girls, and in her free time loves a good book, the beach, and coffee of any variety. An active writer and blogger, Ellie is so pleased to have taken over the role of Editorial Campus Correspondent for HC-WakeForest, and looks forward to another year of lots of HCLove.