This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

When it comes to hair, I’m a wake-up, run-a-brush-through-it kind of girl. When all’s said and done, I probably spend 10 seconds max on my hair in the mornings. That being said, I have found that many people, myself included, still tend to have those burning inclinations to do something drastic with their hair, especially with the change in seasons. While I will not be cutting it all off anytime soon (I would probably have a nervous breakdown – I equate my hair to Ariel’s) below are my two favorite go-to hairstyles that are a super easy way to change up your look, especially on those lazy days.

First and foremost, never underestimate the power of a good ponytail; that’s lazy girl rule number one. You can go messy or super sleek. If you are feeling adventurous, you can also attempt what I like to call a “ponytail wrap around.” You simply leave a thick piece of hair out towards the back of your ponytail, put the rest of your hair up, and then take that leftover piece of hair and wrap it around the hair tie until it is hidden and pin it in place. Ideally, it should look something like the image below:

Now, if you are feeling really adventurous, and want to curl your hair in the morning but still don’t want to have to wake up at the crack of dawn, I have a tip for you. I’m no master at curling hair but when I do, I only curl a few pieces that frame my face and then one or two pieces in the back. I then run my fingers through my hair to give them a “lived in” look, add a bit of hairspray, and I am on my way. 

*Cover image from glamorhairstyles.com

Lauren Freedman

Wake Forest '19

Lauren Freedman is a senior at Wake Forest University double majoring in English and Communication. She is a Features Editor for Her Campus Wake Forest and covers fashion, beauty, and wellness as a writer.