This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

We’ve all been there: it’s the end of the month, you admittedly might have gone a little loco at the mall that one weekend and now money is running low (…why are textbooks so darn expensive?!).

Yet a date function that you just HAVE to look fab for is coming up, just as you ran out of your mahhh-velous $55 foundation. There is no way you can splurge $55 at this point without getting a call from a not-so-sympathizing parent wondering “Why on earth is your account balance in the negatives again?!” There is only one thing to do: hop on the next shuttle to Target or CVS and scan the shelves for those quite amazing products also known as “the Best of Budget” – getting that picture perfect makeup look doesn’t have to cost you a fortune!

Foundation: The Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse has a lightweight, creamy texture that blends smoothly onto your skin. It does a great job at covering up potential blemishes and gives a matte finish without looking heavy.

Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse, $7.59.

Concealer: This award-winning concealer is a complete budget treasure! It contains two nude shades, which can be mixed to match your skin tone, a yellow shade which is divine for covering up blemishes and a setting powder to top it off- whatever more could you ask for?!

Sonia Kashuk Hidden Agenda Concealer Palette, $10.99.

Powder: The Stay Matte pressed powder by Rimmel London is perfect to apply in your T-zone or to other shine prone areas. It gives skin a velvety matte look and stays on for hours! The shade “transparent” is, just as the name implies, sheer and will go with your summer shade as well as your winter shade!

Rimmel London Stay Matte Pressed Powder, $3.99.

Blush: This blush by NYX adds that I-just-came-back-from-a-walk healthy glow to your cheeks! It stays on all day and comes in a range of different shades (for my fair skin tone I love “apricot”!).

NYX Powder Blush, $4.99.

Mascara: The great lash mascara by Maybelline New York is a classic, praised by makeup artists worldwide! It’s easy to apply, adds volume and definition to lashes while not getting *eyes fill with fear* clumpy.

Maybelline Great Lash Mascara, $4.49.

Liquid Eyeliner: The NYC Liquid Eyeliner has great pigment and won’t budge throughout the day, but washes off easily with hot water. Also, rumor has it that it’s Megan Fox’s personal favorite… Need I say more?

NYC Liquid Eyeliner, $2.99.

Lauren Friezo

Wake Forest

Editorial Campus Correspondent. Former Section Editor for News and Content Uploader. Writer for Her Campus Wake Forest. English major with a double minor in Entrepreneurship and Social Enterprise and Women's, Gender and Sexuality Studies. Expected graduation in May 2015.