The 8 Most Underrated Online Shopping Sites

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

Imagine this: you’re sitting at your computer procrastinating in the ZSR on a boring weeknight.  You browse Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest, but you still aren’t quite ready to commit yourself to the books yet. If you’re like me, your next thought is, “Well, I could always use some new clothes …” and thus the online shopping begins.

J.Crew, Forever 21, Nordstrom, Anthropologie … Tired of the same old, same old? Here are some new sites to try that offer unique options for online shopping.

Asos.com: When you’re in the mood for a unique new pair of shoes, this is the place to go. They also have a great selection of cute party dresses and free shipping both ways!

Charmandchain.com: This is my new favorite jewelry store online! They have a beautiful and high quality selection of earrings, necklaces, bracelets, etc. There is always something for your occasion, whether you need something low-priced for a party or something expensive for a fancy event.

Topshop.com: This is an interesting website to browse through if you’re looking for a more unique piece to add to your wardrobe. The site has a wide variety of fantastic skinny jeans in tons of colors and prints, inspired by French designers, for just $80 a pair! They’re the type of pants that make people stop and ask where you got your great jeans.  

Modcloth.com: A great way to shop on a budget, Modcloth has one of the best selections of casual dresses at affordable prices.  This is a good place to stock up on spring and summer dresses while going for a retro, indie, or vintage type of look!

Renttherunway.com/wakeforest: If you haven’t tried Rent the Runway yet, get on there today! This site allows you to become a member for free and order formal dresses for any occasion you have coming up.  You can rent designer dresses for extremely discounted prices for a period of 4-8 days and ship them back when you’re done.  You can even get the dress in a second size for free with your order. This is a great shopping resource for date functions and formal events here at Wake!
[pagebreak]

3floz.com: This clever site specializes in travel-size beauty products, perfect for travelling through airport security (maybe on your way to spring break)! If you even just want to try a new shampoo, body lotion, or deodorant, this site has the perfect size for you to test before you commit to a full bottle of that product. 

Truthartbeauty.com: This site is unique because you get to pick exactly what ingredients go into your face cream or body lotion.  You can alter the product to fit your scent preferences or skin type with some of the many all-natural ingredients the site offers. The products are all organic, fresh, and pure so you know exactly what’s in the product you’re using.

Opi.com: Mostly everyone knows about OPI nail polish, but have you ever visited their website? Instead of standing in the aisle of Target trying to decide if a certain color will look good on you, go on the website, and use the “Try On This Color” feature! Every single color that OPI makes is on the website, so when you find one you like, you can then go order it on Amazon.com, or search for where the nearest retailer of OPI nail polish is. 

Hopefully these suggestions help you find a new favorite online shopping site or maybe just some great deals on clothes and accessories for the spring semester. So, collegiettes, get clicking!   

Jackie Swoyer is a rising senior at Wake Forest University majoring in Business and Enterprise Management, concentrating in Marketing and minoring in Economics. While her collegiate years have been spent in the Carolinas, this aspiring marketer currently calls Cincinnati, Ohio home...although she has spent years moving all over the country and beyond (including a five year period in Europe!). She is currently prepping for a summer internship in the Frito Lay Marketing Division in Plano, Texas, a new stop on her geographical repertoire. An avid reader of all things Her Campus, Jackie also loves to write, listen to Pandora, practice her cooking skills, and find live music anywhere she can.