4 Places I’m Exploring In Paris

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

I’m heading off to my second favorite place in the world in a few days (Charlotte, North Carolina will always be first), and I’ve found a couple of really cool places I want to check out while I’m there. Paris is always a fun place to be, but always doing the same six or seven tourist attractions are absolutely no bueno. 

1. Holybelly restaurant in the 10ème Arrondissement I’ve been in France for a couple months now, and I’ve been missing american breakfasts for almost as long. The French believe in tea, orange or fruit juice, and a croissant for breakfast– which is amazing– don’t get me wrong! But there is nothing that can compare to some piping hot pancakes and eggs for this Southern Belle. Holybelly has pancakes with all the fixings: bacon, fried eggs, maple syrup, and also eggs served with sides of hash browns, mushrooms, baked beans, hummus, and many many more sides. Their prices are the most reasonable I’ve ever seen in Paris only nine to 15 euros. I definitely am excited to check them out! 

2. Watch the Eiffel Tower sparkle from the top of Montmartre Cue the heart eyes emoji because there is nothing more beautiful than watching the Eiffel Tower from the best vantage point in the city. Being around Montmartre is a bit risky when night falls, but it is totally worth going when with a group of people. The hill truly has a magnificent view of the city. Montmartre is a really cool arrondissement, or district, in Paris where the artists from the turn of the 20th century, la Belle Epoque, hung out. The quartier is full of interesting tiny cafes to drink a cup of tea or a glass of wine after gazing at the Tower.  Free 

3. Visit Le Musee de l’Art Moderne de la Ville de Paris A quaint museum in the 16eme arrondissement of Paris. The Modern Art museum includes a free permanent collection featuring work from the surrealist, Dada, abstract, and cubist movements .  Free, Special Exhibits 5 euros 

4. Musee D’Orsay While technically a been there, done that tourist attraction, something always brings me back to the Musee D’Orsay. The museum is housed in a beautiful train station and has a minimalist and industrial feel. The collection includes many famous artists such as Johann Vermeer, Claude Monet, Gustave Caillebotte, Renoir, Cézanne, Degas, and many others.  If you are an art lover or historian, I highly recommend this place. And for Art Geeks like me after the Louvre, the Musee D’Orsay is definitely a must-see. Free to EU students and children under 18, Full price=12 euros.

So these attractions are on my to-do list for my trip to Paris, and they are all really unique in their own special way. I highly recommend checking out these activities if you’re in Paris for the day and have about 40 euros to spend. Happy travels! 

Photos courtesy of: Parisinfo.com 

Instagram @holybellycafe

https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1293/1392910765_e27b4fe05c_b.jpg

Mia Wilson

Wake Forest

Mia Wilson is a senior English and French double major at Wake Forest University. When not in class or studying frantically, she enjoys working out in the gym, catching up on the latest fashion trends and napping. Her hobbies include traveling, her Maltese Nahla and drinking Starbucks. Catch her on Instagram @mwilson__14
Betsy Mann

Wake Forest