Why I Love Birchbox

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Virginia Tech chapter.

For you ladies who have never heard of Birchbox, you are in for a treat! Birchbox is a monthly “subscription” of sample beauty products. Here are some of the reasons that I am totally in love with Birchbox.

1. Customized- Before you get your first package sent to you, you can pick your skin type, what type of products you like, age, ethnicity, hair color, etc. This way you end up with products that you are interested in and can use!

2. Sample Sizes- For me, everything always seems cuter when it is smaller. The sample sizes are perfect for slipping in your tote for class or in a clutch for a night out.

3. Pretty Packaging- Each box is like a little gift! Most samples are individually wrapped in their hot pink tissue. Each of the samples comes in an adorable container as well — it’s almost too cute to use!

4. Expensive Products for Cheap- Many of the products that you receive are high-end items that I would never buy for myself. It is fun to pamper your sink every once in a while with a luxury item.

5. Nail Polish- I am a nail polish fiend, and change the color on my nails up to two times a week. The months that nail polishes are in my box are always my favorites. I have tested out many different colors and brands that I would never think to try before. The nail polishes are also just a little smaller than a regular bottle, so I always feel like I am getting more “bang for my buck!”

6. Fun and On Point- Everyone loves getting a surprise in the mail- its like a monthly gift to yourself! I have yet to receive a product that I have not liked, and always feel like I get my money’s worth. Each box is $10.00- which is perfect for my college girl budget as well.

Check out Birchbox for yourself and tell us what you think about it!

http://www.birchbox.com/

Picture from:
http://d2yookngm6r3u8.cloudfront.net/images/heroes/birchbox-woman-home-6…

Laura Baugh

Virginia Tech

Laura Baugh is a senior at Virginia Tech where she is double majoring in Communications and Film. When not busy with school, Laura enjoys editing film and video, being the general manager at VTTV, spending time with her amazing sisters in Gamma Phi Beta, playing her guitar, and reading Her Campus! She is also obsessed with her school's athletics. Go Hokies!