Recently, breakfast has become my favorite meal of the day. I think coffee plays a huge role in that preference, but there are also other significant reasons to favor this meal. For instance, incorporating a healthy breakfast into your routine can boost energy levels and enhance your ability to concentrate at the start of the day. With a busy schedule of classes, clubs and friends, it can be difficult to prepare breakfast every morning. Here are three healthy breakfasts that are easy to prepare for your day:
- Avocado Toast
In my opinion, avocados make any meal better. Avocado toast is a yummy meal that is also the quickest to prepare.
- 1-2 avocados (mash separately and then add toppings after spreading it on the toast)
- 1-2 pieces of toast (I personally recommend whole grain toast for this particular meal)
- Herb Toppings: basil, cilantro, dill or parsley
- Peeled raw garlic clove (rub on the toast before adding the avocado)
- Everything Bagel Seasoning (sprinkle on top of the avocado spread)
- Chopped tomatoes (add onto the avocado spread after adding herb toppings and seasoning)
- Egg White Omelette
This is one of my favorite breakfast meals. I personally only eat egg whites, but you can use yellow eggs/the whole egg for this meal as well.
- Fresh egg whites or egg whites from a carton
- Dash of Salt-free seasoning
- Vegetables: green onions, tomatoes and spinach
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Olive oil spray (for the pan)
- Banana Cinnamon Oatmeal
This version of oatmeal is a great option if you like more of a sweet taste in your breakfasts.
- 1 cup of oatmeal
- Roughly 2 teaspoons of cinnamon (can add more or less)
- 2 cups of water or milk
- Sliced banana (on top of the oatmeal or mixed in)
- Toppings: brown sugar or walnuts
- Optional: add chia seeds to the oatmeal to make the texture thicker