This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Virginia Tech chapter.

Hometown: Cape Cod, Massachusetts

Age: 19

Class: Freshman

Relationship Status: In a relationship

Major: Biology

Q- What’re you most involved in at Virginia Tech?

Nicole: Club Volleyball and Pre Meds without Borders, it’s a brand new club that was just founded last semester!

Q- That’s awesome! Could you tell me a little more about volleyball and why you were interested in playing a club sport?

Nicole: For me being an out-of-state student, I wanted to meet more people with a common interest. I played my whole life, and I wanted to keep playing for the love of the sport but without the pressure and commitment at the division one level.

Q- That makes sense, and what about the club Pre Meds without Borders? Since it’s brand new, how did you get involved right away?

Nicole: I saw a post on Facebook about it over the summer and stayed in touch with the president to find a way to get involved.

Q- What do you do in the club?

Nicole: Since we’re a new program we haven’t planned any overseas trips, however we’re helping Blacksburg and the Virginia Tech community by volunteering at blood drives and planning visits to the medical center in Christiansburg this spring.

Q- If you could live anywhere after college, where would it be and why?

Nicole: I would definitely plan to move back up north where all of my family is and in a city like Boston or New York to get a different living style.

Q- What’s something weird about you that not many people know?

Nicole: I love milk; I drink it with every meal every day.

Q- What is one thing you’ve learned about yourself since you’ve come to Virginia Tech?

Nicole: I’ve learned to really organize my life and make good decisions without being told to make them.

Jessica Habich

Virginia Tech

Virginia Tech Fashion Design and Merchandising & Multimedia Journalism// Class of 2019
Kaley Roshitsh

Virginia Tech '18

After graduating with a B.S. in Fashion Merchandising and Design from Virginia Tech in 2018, Kaley moved to NYC to start her career with WWD – the authority on the fashion, beauty and retail industries. She is credited with the relaunch of Her Campus at Virginia Tech in 2016, serving as Campus Correspondent for 2 years, building the team to 55+ members while earning multiple Pink chapter level statuses (top-20% of over 330 chapters) and being awarded "Outstanding Organization of the Year" in 2018 at Virginia Tech. Other notable achievements include the annual "Media Mixer" gala and buildout of many strategic content initiatives.