This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Virginia Tech chapter.
Dove’s #KeepHerConfident Commercial

This commercial was incredible. One of the ways they boosted their success was by promoting it ahead of the Super Bowl and teaming up with Kylie Kelce. Kelce was named a partner with Dove to bring awareness to girls’ sports. Dove and Kelce highlighted a groundbreaking statistic that “45% of girls drop out by age 14 due to low body confidence.” Kelce was an athlete her whole life and is now a field hockey coach and mother to three young girls. You could say she has the credibility to speak on this subject down. This commercial was part of a bigger program of Dove’s called the Body Confident Sport program, which supplies coaches with a toolbox of information to build confidence in their young players. Dove has been behind projects like this for a while and is the largest self-esteem education supplier in the world. The reality of girls in sports is clear, and this is the publicity that this issue needs to get 24/7.  

Google Pixel’s Sight Commercial

This commercial started off by explaining the struggles of capturing day-to-day life as a blind person. Right off the bat, the viewers knew the purpose and meaning of this commercial. The video proceeds to display examples of a blind person’s point of view vs the quality of Google Pixel photos side by side with each other. This played tribute to Google Pixels’ new feature that allows blind and low vision individuals to recognize their surroundings with their phones. The phone can do this with voice commands, telling people where to hold it. This commercial did exactly what it needed to do: tug at our heartstrings and point our focus to the product and its services. I thought this commercial was effective because of the way it connected to its pathos immediately. The commercial ended with the blind character and his wife having a child, which left a lasting image in the audience’s head.

Cetaphil’s Commercial

The minute that I saw this commercial, I knew that it would be a tearjerker. The commercial surrounds a father/daughter relationship that wasn’t doing so well in the beginning. Throughout the video, the daughter is seen putting on Cetaphil products while getting ready. In one of these scenes, her dad comes in and expresses interest in watching football and the daughter denies with sass. To mend this relationship, the dad bought the daughter a jersey with football’s new favorite star, Taylor Swift’s, favorite number. Without explicitly mentioning Swift’s name, the commercial showed the connection between a football fan dad and a Taylor Swift fan daughter. Everyone loves a tearjerker, and this commercial did just that while also showing Cetaphil as a daily step in the daughter’s routine as the relationship mended.  

Beyonce’s Verizon Commercial

This commercial debuted a peek at Beyonce’s new music, flashbacks from her previous performances and tied both in by highlighting the importance of a strong network. Beyonce and Verizon teamed up to highlight Verizon’s “unbreakable” network. They did this by tasking Beyonce with trying to break the “unbreakable” network. This came in the form of Beyonce in multiple scenes portraying many different roles. Some of these scenes included Beyonce-I (Beyonce’s form of AI) , Barbie Beyonce, Beyonc’s faux run for presidency, and even astronaut Beyonce. Beyonce and Verizon, together, really did it all. I may be biased because Verizon is my network, but I thought they did a standout job creating a commercial to draw viewers in and entertain them as well. 

Allera Bee

Virginia Tech '26

My name is Allera (Ally) Bee and I am a student at Virginia Tech. I am from Cincinnati, Ohio and I am studying multimedia journalism.