The Most Glam Dresses of Oscars 2012

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Virginia Tech chapter.

To me, watching the Oscars isn’t about the glory of winning a golden award, but rather the silhouettes that grace the red carpet. Being a fashionista isn’t about being the sexiest, the most sophisticated or the biggest trendsetter. Fashion is an art that expresses your own personality. Of course I have my own opinions on the dresses I found “double-take” worthy and I would like to congratulate these women on their WOW factor designs.

The Badass Bombshell

As if Angelina Jolie could look anything but flawless in whatever she wore. Dear lord, she could put on a torn tunic and look amazing. I love the daring slit (please give me your work out plan) and I think the color black is perfect for her badass persona. (Mrs. Smith, anyone?)

[pagebreak]         

Go Green

Viola Davis, you rocked it girl. That emerald Vera Wang dress was perfect on her skin tone. The embellished bodice hugged in all the right places and accentuated her slender figure. I’d say you looked “gorg” in green, Viola.

[pagebreak]

Coral Me Happy

Michelle Williams seems to be the talk of the town. Her coral (extremely difficult to see the color on TV) Louis Vuitton dress had people both smashing and gushing over her vintage-inspired design. I thought her dress was daring and perfect for the elegance of the Oscars, others disagreed. I think she killed it.

[pagebreak]     

Elegantly White

Sofia Vergara’s delicate white gown wasn’t overly publicized on the red carpet, but it definitely should have been. From her chandelier earrings to her clutch, Sofia owned the red carpet. I’d say major props to the Colombian vixen.

[pagebreak]    

Simply Sophisticated

Katie Holmes, wearing Elie Saab, looked simply irresistible in her midnight blue pleated gown. The embellished bodice and beautiful draping looked stunning on her tall figure.

Laura Baugh

Virginia Tech

Laura Baugh is a senior at Virginia Tech where she is double majoring in Communications and Film. When not busy with school, Laura enjoys editing film and video, being the general manager at VTTV, spending time with her amazing sisters in Gamma Phi Beta, playing her guitar, and reading Her Campus! She is also obsessed with her school's athletics. Go Hokies!