This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Virginia Tech chapter.

Junior year sounds scary. I feel like just yesterday I was moving into my freshman year dorm room with a whole world of possibilities in front of me. But here I am, back at Virginia Tech as a junior. It’s crazy to think that I am halfway done with college. This school has given me so much to be thankful for and I know there is much more to come. That being said, college is still hard. I miss my mom. I miss my dog. I miss having air conditioning. 

Looking into this year, I feel more settled and at home than I ever have. There is already a countdown on my wall for how many sleeps until the first “Enter Sandman” in Lane Stadium and the first lunch with friends in between classes. My closet is slowly becoming overtaken with maroon and orange and I will be the first to say I love being a Hokie. Virginia Tech has given me amazing experiences and to think I am almost done honestly makes me sad. 

However, the excitement is more than I could imagine. I love the start of a new school year. I always say it is like a TV show and I am now in season three. New characters, new settings, and new memories will be made. I have so much on my plate but the excitement of being busy and meeting more people fills me with joy. 

I am an RA on campus, teaching cycle at the gym, and working with my sorority to lead our philanthropy as well as working with the basketball teams. On top of all of that, I’m also going to focus on prioritize myself this year. I want to go on dates with myself, get more comfortable being alone, and put my mental and physical health at the top of my priority list. If there is one thing I have learned it is that taking care of yourself is the first step in success anywhere.  

Virginia Tech never fails to amaze me and I have no doubt that this year will be one of the best. I have my first day outfit picked out and I will take a timer photo and send it to my mom on the first day, just like I did when I was 5, as well as hugs from friends I haven’t seen around campus. I always say everything happens for a reason and I am so ready for junior year to start and see what it holds. 

While it still feels crazy that I am a junior, I truly cannot wait. Let’s have a good year. 

Elenora Fiel

Virginia Tech '25

Elenora is a junior at Virginia Tech majoring in Advertising. She keeps herself busy by teaching workout classes at the gym and is excited to lead Virginia Tech's chapter of Her Campus!