Five YouTube Channels you Need to Watch if You’re a Foodie

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Virginia Tech chapter.

I’ll be the first to admit, watching cooking videos on YouTube is one of my favorite pastimes. I can spend hours upon hours endlessly clicking on any and all videos relating to food. After lots of time spent in the black hole that is YouTube, I have compiled a list of some of my all time favorite YouTube channels for foodies. (Even if you’re not a foodie, still watch!) 

Emmymadeinjapan

Emmy is hands down my all time favorite YouTuber right now. She makes everything from the gross stuff to the hard stuff to the stuff we are all just flat out curious about. The best part is, she does it in the most kind and respectful way – even if it was the most disgusting thing she has ever eaten. 

Mustard ice cream? She’s made it. Cannibal sandwich? She’s tried it. You are sure to fall in love with Emmy’s bubbly personality and creative videos in a heartbeat. 

Liv B.

I have been subscribed to Liv B. for a while now, and her videos seriously get better and better with every upload. Even though I’m not vegan, I have made so many of her recipes because of how simple and delicious they are. 

She is the type of channel I put on in the morning when I just want to drink my coffee and watch something relaxing. Everything from her soothing voice to her eye for detail keeps me coming back for more content every time. 

Tasty

I’m pretty sure everyone has come across a Tasty video at this point, but if you haven’t, you really need to check them out. Not only do they post amazing step-by-step recipes, but their special videos such as “I Draw, You Cook” and “Chef Out of Water” are beyond entertaining.

One of my favorites was when they made a chef prepare a three course meal with a clothing iron. I mean come on, I could watch that kind of stuff for hours

Hiho Kids – Kids Try

If you’re in the mood to binge some food videos, Hiho Kids is the channel for you. They post other content besides food, but my favorite videos have to be the “Kids Try” series where they bring kids of all ages to try everything from prison food to snacks from around the world. Not only is it the cutest channel out there, but I always learn something new with every upload. 

Great Depression Cooking 

Clara is seriously the hidden gem of YouTube. Raised in the middle of the Great Depression, Clara’s channel is all about sharing the unique and frugal meals she ate with her family, with the world. Although she passed away years ago, her story lives on through a plethora of cooking videos on her channel – highlighting her kindness, strength and pure love for cooking.

Although there are many more YouTube channels for cooking that I love, these are just a few of my favorites. Foodie or not, I hope you enjoy these recommendations, and even try some of the recipes out for yourself!

Image Sources:

1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5

Sarah Carr

Virginia Tech '20

Sarah is a current senior majoring in multimedia journalism and minoring in sociology. 
Camden Carpenter

Virginia Tech '21

Senior studying Smart and Sustainable Cities, with hopes to become a traveling urban developer. Attemping to embody "Carpe Diem" in her everyday life, both physically by getting a tattoo of the quote, and mentally by taking risks while trying to maximize each day's full potential.