This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Virginia Tech chapter.

Now that October has arrived, it’s that time of year when the weather cools down, the leaves start falling and the sun starts setting earlier and earlier. Unless you live in Virginia, like me, and the weather is still a million degrees but will probably be freezing cold next week. Don’t you just love Virginia weather? In honor of the fall season, here are some songs to add to your fall playlist and to get you in the mood for the spooky season.

“Seasons” by Wave to Earth

This is my favorite fall song. It has been on repeat ever since the leaves turned orange. I discovered this song from another one of my favorite artists. It’s the perfect track to play earlier in the morning while it’s still cold.

“Get up” by NewJeans

This song being 36 seconds long is an absolute crime. I wake up every day wishing for a longer version.

“Let You Break My Heart Again” by Laufey, Philharmonia Orchestra

Honestly, anything by Laufey is a ten out of ten. This song, however, is on another level of good. It consumes every emotional feeling that one may get during the gloomy days of fall and provides a big hug.

“(DOn’t Fear) The Reaper” by Blue Oyster Cult

Whenever I listen to this song all I can think about is Halloween. If you’re tired of listening to the same Halloween songs this one would be a great one to add to your playlist.

“Moonlight on the River” by Mac DeMarco

If you’re tired of listening to “For the First Time” by Mac DeMarco every fall, you should listen to “Moonlight on the River.” If you haven’t heard of either then add both.

Listening to all of these songs always puts me in the fall spirit. Every time I walk to class in the cold with my playlist on I feel like Lorelai Gilmore. Now put your fall playlists on and go bake some yummy fall treats. I personally recommend that you bake apple pie cookies. 

Rahma Elalfy

Virginia Tech '26

I am a sophomore currently studying Psychology and Criminology at Virginia Tech. I love to bake, to travel, and to read. I love listeing to music! My favorite artist include Taylor Swift, Brent Fayaiz, SZA, and Frank Ocean.