This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Virginia Tech chapter.

With November well under way and Thanksgiving right around the corner there is no doubt in my mind that everyone including myself has received an aching sweet tooth. Especially for things that include pumpkin, nutmeg, chocolate, cinnamon, and apple flavors. Being the active pinner I am, I have come up with six of the yummiest fall treats to try. These indulgences will be sure to fulfill your cravings. So in the spirit of the fall season, here are some fun and easy fall dessert recipes to try!

Pumpkin Coffee Cake with Brown Sugar Glaze     

Ingredients:

1/3 cup of water

1can pureed pumpkin

2 eggs

1 tsp. vanilla extract

1 tbsp. pumpkin pie spice                                                         

1 box of yellow cake mix

1 tsp. baking soda

1 cup of brown sugar (divided)

½ cup of flour

¼ cup of granulated sugar

4 tbsp. of butter (melted)

1 tsp. vanilla extract                                                   

¼ cup of heavy whipping cream

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix the water, pumpkin, eggs, 1 tbsp. of vanilla, and pumpkin pie spice in a large bowl until well combined. Add cake mix and baking soda until combined. Grease a 9×13 pan with butter and pour batter into pan. In a small bowl mix together ½ cup of brown sugar, ½ cup flour and melted butter. Use fingers to sprinkle over the cake. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.

For the glaze, combine the other ½ cup of brown sugar, granulated sugar, 1 tsp. vanilla, and heavy cream in a saucepan and bring to a simmer. Stir until all sugar is dissolves.

When Cake is finished, poke holes in the top with a toothpick. Pour the glaze overtop the cake, making sure to cover all surfaces. Enjoy warm or at room temperature!

Warm Apples and Ice Cream

Ingredients:

4 large green apples

2 tbsp. of butter

3 tbsp. of brown sugar

½ tsp. of ground cinnamon

A pinch of ground cloves/1 whole clove

1 pint of vanilla ice cream

1 spray container whipped cream

Freshly grated nutmeg

Directions:

Preheat a medium skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Peel and quarter the apples. Core each quarter. Slice the apples up. Add butter to the skillet, then apples. Sauté for about seven or eight minutes. Add sugar, cinnamon and cloves and cook 2 minutes more. Spoon the sautéed apples into dishes and top with ice cream, whipped cream, and garnish with grated nutmeg.

Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes

Ingredients:

2/3 cup of all-purpose flour

1/3 tsp. baking powder

1/3 tsp. baking soda

¼ tsp. salt

2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice

1 can of pumpkin puree

½ cup of sugar

¼ cup of brown sugar

2 eggs

1 tsp. vanilla extract

¾ cup of half and half (evaporated milk works too)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice. In a separate bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, sugar, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, and half and half together until well combined. Add in dry ingredients and whisk until no streak of flour remain. Fill each muffin cup with 1/3 cup of batter. Bake for 20 minutes. Top lightly with sweetened whipped cream after they have cooled.

Crescent Pumpkin Rolls

Ingredients:

1 container of Crescent Rolls (cut into triangles)

1 can of canned pumpkin

4 tsp. of sugar

1 tsp. of cinnamon

Cinnamon and sugar mixed together for the outside coating

Pecans (optional)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix the canned pumpkin, 4 tsp. of sugar and 1 tsp. of cinnamon together in a bowl to make the filling. Spread the filling onto the triangles and roll the triangles into a crescent. Roll the crescents in the cinnamon and sugar mixture. Bake them for 15-20 minutes in the oven and enjoy!

*For more fun, drizzle a little bit of chocolate on top!

Pretzel Treats

Ingredients:

Square pretzels (the ones that look like windows work the best!)

Hershey’s kisses

Candy corn

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with wax paper or aluminum foil. Place down the pretzels on the sheet. Place a Hershey’s kiss on top of each pretzel. Put them in the oven for 3-5 min and then take them out. Gently put candy corn on top of the Hershey’s kisses (they should be starting to melt) and let them cool. Eat and enjoy!

Pumpkin Cookies

Ingredients:

1 box of Spice Cake

1 can of canned pumpkin

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Mix the two ingredients together in a bowl. On baking sheet lined with either wax paper or aluminum foil, make small balls with a spoon, at least 2 inches apart from one another. Put cookies in the oven for 13-15 minutes and voila! 

Photo Credit: http://www.mnn.com/food/health…

Proud to be Virginia Tech's Her Campus chapter!