Corbin DiMeglio

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Virginia Tech chapter.

Her Campus Virginia Tech:What activities are you involved in at VT?
Corbin DiMeglio:I have focused my involvement with the Student Government Association, where I serve as the President for this year. I have also served as Treasurer and in an Executive position. I also am a proud member of the Pi Kappa Alpha Fraternity and have served on the InterFraternity Council

HCVT:  What kinds of responsibilities come with those position(s)?
CM:As a member of SGA, I am continuously working to make Virginia Tech better. We attend a great university that we are all so proud of, and the SGA strives to maintain that success. I work closely with certain government affairs groups and also the administrators on campus to keep them informed about what is happening on the VT campus.

HCVT:What is your greatest accomplishment?
CM:As President of the SGA, It would be difficult to take credit for anything that we accomplish. It is truly the entire organization that turns our efforts into successes. On a different level, I think attending Virginia Tech is something that I am most proud of and it is something that will stick with me forever.

HCVT:What are your plans after graduation/long term goals?
CM:I recently accepted a job working for a Fortune 500 Company where I will be working on the west coast in a Financial Development Program. Long Term, I hope to be the CFO of a major corporation.

HCVT:What is your favorite thing about being a Hokie?
CM:The community. Plain and Simple. I have never witnessed such spirit and pride for any cause. As Hokies, we come together for any cause and have truly shown this to the nation time and time again.

HCVT:What advice would you give to upcoming Hokies?
CM:Go for it. Don’t limit yourself because something may seem out of reach. When you enter Virginia Tech as a freshman, everything may seem so large, but it really isn’t. Our community is tight knit and if you want to accomplish something, it is right there for you.

HCVT: Do you have any advice for people looking to get involved at Tech?
CM:Apply. Don’t be shy. Have Fun.

Mallory Smith is a senior Sociology major at Scripps College, located in sunny Claremont, CA. Born in Denver, Colorado, Mallory spent her time growing up between England, China and The United States. As a result, she loves to travel and explore new places and cultures. In Claremont Mallory is editor of the Life and Style section of The Student Life Newspaper. She also writes for Beyond the Elms, Scripps College’s Career Planning and Resources blog, where she is writing about her soon-to-be journey into the real world. In her free time Mallory enjoys going to art galleries in downtown Los Angeles, hiking, going to the beach and scuba diving whenever she gets the chance.