Carly Ann Glenn

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Virginia Tech chapter.

Meet this week’s Campus Celeb: Carly Ann Glenn! Carly Ann definitely keeps herself busy while at Tech. Aside from her job as a Resident Advisor in Lee Hall, she is involved in student groups like New Life Christian Fellowship and the Staff Education and Training Committee. Carly Ann’s time at Tech has only just begun yet she is already setting a great example and showing us all what it means to be a true Hokie. 

Her Campus Virginia Tech: Why did you choose to be an RA?
Carly Ann:I chose to be a Residential Advisor, because I LOVE helping people, especially freshmen! College is such an incredible part of our lives and the transition from high school to college should be as smooth as possible. I want to make parents and students alike feel comfortable as this new chapter is started. Also, I want to live out Ut Prosim every day. As an RA, I have daily opportunities to serve my fellow Hokies and I could not ask for a greater gift!

HCVT: What other activities are you involved with on campus?
CA:I am going to be an Orientation Leader this summer! So exciting! In addition to being a RA, I am a member of the Staff Education and Training Committee, an active member of New Life Christian Fellowship, and I am about to complete my SafeZone Training. I also used to be a Student Assistant Manager at D2 J

HCVT:Do you think you’ve grown as an individual as a result of your involvement? If so, how?
CA: I have most certainly grown as an individual through all of my involvement! I have been blessed to meet so many amazing Hokies who have and will continue to mold me into the person I am supposed to be. So many people have touched my heart, and I don’t think they even know!
I have learned so much about myself and people during the past two years, but every day I am still amazed by how much there is still left to uncover. Cultivation of the self should never cease, not even after college.

HCVT:What advice would you offer to women who are looking to get involved, but not sure where to start?
CA: I know all the activities on campus can be rather overwhelming, but the easiest place to start is with YOURSELF. What are YOU interested in? What fits with YOUR schedule? There is something at VT for everyone. I promise. It’s the best way to meet people and to find your niche within this huge university. 

HCVT:How do you plan to continue your involvement during the rest of your time at Tech?
CA:I said before that I am serving as an Orientation Leader this summer, so I am really excited to get the Class of 2016 P-U-M-P-E-D to be Hokies! I will continue to serve as a Residential Advisor, but will be moving to the Residential College at WAJ. That is all set in stone, but there are so many other things that I have yet to tap into! I’m lucky to have 2 years left!

Megan is a sophomore at Virginia Tech in Blacksburg, Virginia. She is pursuing her B.A. in Communications with a concentration in Multimedia Journalism as well as a B.A. in Spanish Language. She is also pursuing a minor in Creative Writing. Megan updates her personal blog daily, and had a weekly blog as a Contributing Blogger for Her Campus Virginia Tech during her freshman year. As a dedicated member of Alpha Delta Pi sorority, Megan serves as the official blogger. Megan's interest in journalism began with her involvement with her high school's newspaper; where she served as an assistant section editor and a section editor her sophomore and junior years. She was the managing editor her senior year. In her free time, Megan enjoys running and competing in races, reading on her Kindle, and taking photos. 
Laura Baugh

Virginia Tech

Laura Baugh is a senior at Virginia Tech where she is double majoring in Communications and Film. When not busy with school, Laura enjoys editing film and video, being the general manager at VTTV, spending time with her amazing sisters in Gamma Phi Beta, playing her guitar, and reading Her Campus! She is also obsessed with her school's athletics. Go Hokies!