This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Virginia Tech chapter.

Are you looking for a sweet treat on campus? Do you have a huge sweet tooth and want to make sure VT has you covered? Well I love dessert and have found some of my favorite treats on campus throughout my first year. Although I probably haven’t tried every sweet thing that Tech has to offer, I want to share my favorites of those that I have had so far. 

West end – Chocolate-covered strawberries

While this is a new find for me, it has quickly become one of my favorites. I’m a huge fan of chocolate-covered strawberries anyway, but being able to just grab five strawberries quickly at Blend’s grab and go is so nice and a fun little treat. Although they don’t always have them available, I make sure to check after grabbing dinner every time I’m in West End.

deets – Milkshake

Those of you that have tried these for yourselves would agree that they deserve a spot on this list. The choice of ice cream flavors paired with the multitude of topping options allows you to create the perfect ice cream drink for your sweet craving. This is a go-to place for my roommate and me when it’s late and we want a treat. 

grab & Go – Triple Chocolate chunk cookie

Being such a big dessert girl, I would have to say cookies are one of my favorites. This Triple Chocolate Chunk Cookie was one of the first desserts I tried on campus, and I definitely became obsessed for a little while. One of the best things about them is you can find them at almost any grab-and-go. They are such big cookies that I feel like I’m really getting the best bang for my buck. I want to mention, just because they are a part of the grab-and-go does not mean the quality isn’t still fresh and great.

Au bon pain – Chocolate croissant

The pastry section of ABP in Squires is a perfect place to find something to soothe your sweet tooth. One of my favorite things from this little bakery is hands down the chocolate croissant. The buttery and flakey croissant is great on its own, but when you bite into it and get that gooey chocolate that’s waiting on the inside, it is perfection. 

Rainbow Sprinkle Donuts Stacked
Breanna Coon / Her Campus

Dunkin’ Donuts – donuts

Lastly, a classic sweet treat. When you’re just craving a simple airy donut with frosting and lots of sprinkles, Dunkin’ is the place for you. This is only the second place I’ve been able to find donuts on campus, and it is by far the best. If you don’t mind waiting in line, or happen to hit it just right, you won’t regret it.

So next time you want to treat yourself to something sweet, maybe try one of these suggestions. I can almost guarantee that you will find at least one thing that will satisfy your sweet tooth on this list. 

Chloe Hasler

Virginia Tech '26

I'm a Freshman majoring in Criminology with minors in Peace Studies and Social Justice as well as Integrated Security! I love playing tennis, working out, traveling and spending time with friends and family!