Ben White ’13

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Virginia Tech chapter.

Name : Ben White

Hometown : Richmond, VA

Class Year : 2013, factoring in his victory lap

Major : Industrial Systems Engineering with a Minor in Industrial Design

Favorite Color : Purple

Relationship Status : Sorry ladies, he is currently taken.

Campus Involvement : Kappa Delta Rho President, ISE club, McComas gym rat

Current song you are obsessed with : ‘I need a dollar’ remix – Aloe Blace

The reason why you choose to come to Tech : choose Tech because my dad went here, and I knew he would be proud if I came here. And because the HokieNation is incredible.

Favorite Blacksburg Spot : Hanging out by the river (but he secretly wanted to say the Math Empo)

Motto to live by / favorite quote : “You have four years to be irresponsible here. Relax. Work is for people with jobs. You’ll never remember class time, but you’ll remember time you wasted hanging out with your friends. So, stay out late. Go out on a Tuesday with your friends when you have a paper due Wednesday. Spend money you don’t have. Drink ’til sunrise. The work never ends, but college does…“ – Tom Petty

Most memorable college experience : My first tailgate sophomore year.  It was great seeing all my friends again in all their orange and maroon.

Most extreme/riskiest thing you have ever done : Getting a tattoo about risk and not telling my mom. She’s still pretty mad about it.

Weirdest job you’ve ever had : Weirdest Job I’ve ever had would probably have to be working at a Marina in VB last last summer. It was cool meeting the rich people with boats, but they were so . . . creepy sometimes!

BIGGEST Pet Peeve : Pet peeve is when people say “I’m Sorry” too much. You should only say that when you mean it, because if you over use it, then when you mean it, it doesn’t … ‘weigh’ as much

City you would like to visit the most : The city I would want to visit the most would be . . . The world. Is that a city? I really can’t pick one because I want to continue traveling the world, hopefully with someone that wants to with me :)

Something people wouldn’t guess about you : I am extremely shy.

Idea of a perfect date : Meet some gorgeous woman in Italy.  Take her to a light dinner and then on a gondola ride with wine and cheese waiting.  Share a kiss or two, go to a ball dressed to the nine’s, and then spend the night happily ever after in a bed and breakfast.

Worst date you’ve ever been on : Worst Date I’ve ever been on would have to be … well . . . I never have had a bad date because usually if it gets awkward, I make a fool of myself or make her laugh so much that its a date that she’ll rememeber for awhile I guess

Celebrity Crush: Angelina Jolie. Hands down one of the most gorgeous women I’ve ever had a crush on. She’s powerful, wealthy, beautiful, can make me laugh, and, well, lets face it, the Tourist is my ideal date so boom.

Funniest pick-up line you have used : “Is there a keg in your back pocket, because I’m gunna tap that ass”  “I like you. Like, i-have-a-secret-crush-on-you, like you”

3 words to describe yourself : energetic; creative; honest

Laura Baugh

Virginia Tech

Laura Baugh is a senior at Virginia Tech where she is double majoring in Communications and Film. When not busy with school, Laura enjoys editing film and video, being the general manager at VTTV, spending time with her amazing sisters in Gamma Phi Beta, playing her guitar, and reading Her Campus! She is also obsessed with her school's athletics. Go Hokies!