This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Virginia Tech chapter.

My Love,

It’s February 14, the day of love. I used to treat this day like any other until I met you. From the moment we first started talking, I knew you would be the reason this day would finally be different. You have shown me what love is supposed to be like, and I will be forever grateful that you chose me to be your girlfriend.

It’s hard to believe that one person can change everything you thought you knew. You, my love, have changed everything I thought my freshman year would be like. I never expected to come to college and fall so deeply in love with someone that would make me so happy. There’s so much that I could sit here and say about you, but I will limit myself. 

One thing I love to do with you is go on adventures. My love, you take me on adventures that show me what it’s like to have fun and enjoy life. I have enjoyed every moment I have spent with you, and I can’t wait to make more memories with you. I love going on our Target trips together because you always let me go down the book aisle and you never judge me for buying one, even though I have so many at home. That is another reason why I love going to Barnes and Noble with you. Going to my favorite book store with my favorite person makes the experience 10 times better. 

On November 6, we went on one of my all-time favorite adventures: seeing the Christmas lights. I think that was one of my favorite dates so far because it combined two things I love: you and Christmas. I knew we wouldn’t get to see each other for Christmas, so being able to do that together made things so much more memorable. Our first adventure to my house was another fun one because I just loved seeing your face light up when you met my cats for the first time. I also loved being able to show you some parts of where I grew up. From our first date, to Benny’s and to sitting with you at a few of the football games, every moment with you has made each of these places special in some way. Every one of these places holds a memory that I now share with you and will always cherish.

I never expected to find my person within the first few months of college, but I have you now and I couldn’t be happier. I have been lucky enough to share many of my college firsts with you. On September 17, I got to experience my first Virginia Tech soccer game with you. On September 22, not only did you ask me to be your girlfriend, you took me to Sugar Magnolia for the first time. You were there for me when I went through my first college failure. I got to experience my first Blacksburg snow with you. I got to go stargazing on Drillfield with you, and you were there when I wrote my first article for Her Campus at Virginia Tech. You have been my number one supporter, and I am incredibly grateful to have you in my life. Anyone that knows you should consider themselves lucky because you are one of the best people I know. You are the type of person I need in my life. Not only do you know how to make me laugh, you know how to help me when I am having a hard time. 

I chose you in September, and I will continue to choose you every single day because I am so deeply in love with you. You are the person that can make me smile within seconds, even if I am having a bad day because being around you always lifts my mood. I now feel like I have had the best freshman year a college student could experience, and that’s all because of you. I am so lucky to have you. Thank you for everything you do.

Yours truly,

Katie 

Katie Tuggle

Virginia Tech '25

Hi, my name is Katie and I'm a senior majoring in psychology. I love being around my friends and family, chasing sunsets, listening to music, and driving around. I am so happy to be a part of the Her Campus writing team because I feel like I have found a place where my voice gets heard. Her Campus allows me to tell my stories without being interrupted and it gives me a place to be my true self.