Style > Fashion

Outfit Inspo to be Best Dressed This St. Patrick’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Villanova chapter.

With St. Patrick’s Day fast approaching, everyone will be turning to their closet to craft the most cohesive green outfit possible. According to Irish folklore, those who don’t wear green on St. Patrick’s Day get pinched, as green outfits make you invisible to leprechauns. Whether you’re wanting to dress to impress or simply be as festive as possible, here are some ways to ensure that you look good and don’t get pinched this March 17th! 

Tops and Bottoms

The classic way to make a statement this St. Patrick’s Day is to raid your closet for a green shirt, green pants, or both. The amazing thing about the color green is that it is pretty versatile when it comes to styling. Green tops can be styled with blue jeans, leather pants, brown slacks, or a skirt. Green pants can be styled with a neutral-colored top like white, black, or tan. Pair either of these options with boots or sneakers and some gold jewelry, and you’re ready to conquer any St. Paddy’s Day party! 

Outerwear and Shoes

Since it is still wintertime in Philadelphia, jackets will be a must this St. Patrick’s Day, so why not make them festive? For those who tend to get cold no matter where they are geographically, throwing on a green jack over your outfit is a fashionable and functional way to embrace the spirit of March 17th. Additionally, green shoes could add a fun pop of color to any outfit this weekend if you’re looking to go all out. 

Using Accessories

One great way to more subtly lean into the St. Paddy’s Day cheer is to spruce up a more neutral outfit with green accessories! If you don’t have a green shirt or don’t want to break the bank on pants or shoes, simple accessories like sunglasses, purses, socks, or green nail polish are great options for the holiday. Put on a pair of jeans and a black or white top, and let the embellishments be your statement piece. 

Feel free to use any or all of these suggestions to spice up your St. Patrick’s Day outfit! No matter what form of green you choose to wear this Friday, the most important part about fashion is feeling confident in any outfit you wear. Be safe this weekend, and don’t get pinched! 

I am a junior at Villanova University with a major in Marketing and minors in Business Law and Sustainability.