HC Halloween Costumes – October’s Biggest Fashion Concern

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Villanova chapter.

It’s finally October and there’s one thing on every girl’s mind: “What am I going to be for Halloween this year?” For some college girls, choosing a Halloween costume can be quite controversial. There’s always a question about the appropriateness of a costume. After many hours of perusing Pinterest, I have found a few costume ideas that will make you look totally sweet on Halloween instead of making you look like a “tasty treat.”

Sundrop Couple

“Drop it like it’s hot!” is the infamous song played on the Sundrop commercials. The girl’s quirky dancing and unique style motivated me to choose this costume idea. This costume will have everyone laughing. All you need is a Sundrop tee, red headband, denim shorts, black leggings, red socks, and red sneakers! This is an easy DIY that you can put together in minutes (though you may have to purchase some Sundrop soda to complete the look)!

Powderpuff Girls

One of my favorite cartoons as a young girl, the Powderpuff girls. These girls kick butt! I believe this would be a great group Halloween costume and a DIY costume that would probably not cost too much! For this costume, you would need a pink, blue, or green body-con dress that you would pair with a black belt, white stockings, and black heels or flats (and perhaps a big red bow)! How easy is that? Such a cute group costume!

ty Beanie Baby

After seeing this on Pinterest, I almost died and went to heaven! Most of you born in the 90s were obsessed with beanie babies. Now, you can be a life sized beanie baby for Halloween! Take your typical animal costume and create a large, red heart-shaped tag and attach a red ribbon to wear it around your neck! How adorable and original is this costume?

Duct Tape Costumes

How much easier can a costume get when basically all you need is colored duct tape? These costumes are becoming more and more popular among college students. I have seen Fanta, beer, candy, and even iPod duct tape costumes! Though it may be time consuming to make, you can do it yourself and it looks really cool! Have fun and get creative with it! WARNING: Do not apply duct tape directly to your body.

Samantha Galasso is from Wilton, CT and is the founder of both the Providence College and Villanova University chapters at HC. In her spare time, she enjoys napping, sarcastic commentary, inappropriate jokes, hanging out with her fellow Pi Phi sisters, "Friends" marathons, and general activities being ”liked” by the mass majority of people on Facebook. Her goals in life include writing the next great American novel and making the Billionaire Obituary in Forbes.