Campus Celeb: Willy Annan

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Villanova chapter.

Name: Willy Annan, aka “Mr. Villanova” 

Class: 2015

Hometown: Newark, De

Major: Marketing

What are you invovled in on campus, and why did you choose to pursue these activities? 

I’m involved in Villanova Orientation, Villanova Intramurals, VSB Ambassadors and the Blue Key Society. I chose to get involved with them just because they interested me. Orientation had such a huge impact on me as a freshman, and I wanted to give back. I love sports, so working for the intramural department was a no-brainer, and then I did VSB Ambassadors and Blue Key because I love being a part of the organizations and sharing why I came to Villanova with them.

What is your best memory at Villanova so far?

Upsetting Louisville and Syracuse in one week last year was amazing, and my time with the orientation program is up there as well.

Why did you choose to come to Villanova?

It’s going to sound cliché but I just felt that “it”. Nova had it and none of the other 20 schools I applied to had the “it”…. Yeah 21 schools, never do that, kids.

What are three words your friends would use to describe you?

“Hardworking, Alpha Male, Jack Hammer” – The Office. But seriously: wildcard, energetic and passionate

Any fun facts or parting words?

2048 has taken over my life. If you haven’t played, then start. It’s the best/worst thing to ever happen to me.

Samantha Galasso is from Wilton, CT and is the founder of both the Providence College and Villanova University chapters at HC. In her spare time, she enjoys napping, sarcastic commentary, inappropriate jokes, hanging out with her fellow Pi Phi sisters, "Friends" marathons, and general activities being ”liked” by the mass majority of people on Facebook. Her goals in life include writing the next great American novel and making the Billionaire Obituary in Forbes.