You Know You Go To VCU When

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

You KNOW you go to VCU when:

1. Everyone you know is from Northern Virginia (NOVA) or the Hampton Roads (757)
  2. You or your friends party at Brain Drain

3. Many of your friends are hipsters

4. Evangelists in the compass tell you you’re going to hell

5. You don’t know how to pronounce Cabell Library

6. You’ve seen the guy on the unicycle

7. You go to Shafer Food Court for Fried Chicken Monday!

8. You know about the Asian corner in the Commons

9. The homeless guy quacks at you

10. You don’t wait for the crosswalk sign to cross the street

11. You leave in the middle of class to add coins to your meter or move your car

12. You skip class to go to basketball games

13. You see basketball players on campus but you don’t say hi. Instead, you Tweet about it

14. The Fan isn’t just an air conditioner

15. You bring a pillow to Cabell 24/5 during finals

16. You know at least one person whose had his/her bike stolen

17. You don’t walk alone around campus once the sun sets

18. You steal dishes from Shafer

19. You rioted outside after losing the Final Four

20. You trip over bricks all over campus

For more about life on VCU’s campus, check out: http://fuckingweirdvcu.tumblr.com/

Chelsea is a Her Campus alumnae and the Cofounder and former President and Editor-In-Chief of Virginia Commonwealth University's Her Campus chapter. Chelsea has diverse professional experience thanks to her many internships in college. Her experience includes working in the research department at Viacom's MTV, assisting the CEO of a boutique jewelry brand in NYC, and working at an English tourist magazine in Japan. Beyond her professional life, Chelsea is inspired by fashion, finance, all things Harry Potter, her dream of working for a company she loves, and her travels. Chelsea turns to Sailor Moon episodes and Harry Potter soundtracks when life gets tough. Also a good amount of shopping, traveling, and making memories with loved ones will maintain her status quo.Connect!LinkedIn Instagram: @chelsskubo