This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

I had been using the same tampons for years and years until recently when I discovered the brand, Just. They sell tampons and pads that are made with more eco-friendly insides and their brand focuses on being simple. Their advertising drew me in, but their products definitely keep me going back for more! After using the product (for me it was regular absorbency tampons) I compared them to the other brand I was using and compiled a few reasons why you should try Just. tampons!

Just. brand tampons have a pure cotton core. Many of the leading brands of tampons have a mix of cotton and Rayon. Rayon is a manufactured fiber that has a similar feel and look to cotton, but it is made, not grown. In my opinion, I would rather be using something natural rather than manufactured when it comes to my body. Cotton also reduces the chance of irritation and is more eco-friendly than synthetic fibers.

In my opinion, Just tampons are highly effective. They unfold outward, unlike some other leading brands that stay a cylinder, which helps prevent leaks. They sell a range of absorbency, but I have been using the regular ones, since I am a lighter flow. The regular absorbency works perfectly for me and I have yet to experience any leaks or discomfort from them. Since the tampons work so well with absorbing, I am eager to try out their pads!

Next, the price is great! Yes, Just tampons may be a little more expensive than some other brands, but not by much. Plus, spending a little extra on a great product is worth it! Just. tampons have been preventing leaks and discomfort, plus are filled with pure cotton, which is better for the Earth, I personally think they are worth every penny!

My favorite part about these tampons might be that they don’t have cardboard applicators. I cannot stand a cardboard applicator. Sorry, but that is one thing I will not sacrifice for Mother Nature. Cardboard applicators are incredibly uncomfortable to use. They can be painful and a lot bulkier than plastic applicators. Unfortunately, many natural cotton tampons come with cardboard applicators. But, not Just. tampons! They have thin plastic applicators that are easy to use and comfortable. Just another reason why these tampons are so great!

Lastly, Just tampons are free from dyes, fragrances, and chlorine bleaching. While most people say that chlorine bleaching won’t cause any health issues, I’d personally like to keep anything with the word “bleach” in it out of my body. Organic cotton does not need to be bleached, which is another reason I love having it in these as for the fragrances, it feels kind of pointless for a tampon to have a fragrance if you ask me.

I have used many brands and types of tampons in my day, but Just tampons are one of the best! They are reliable, have 100% cotton cores, and are easy to use with their plastic applicators. I encourage all women to try them out for themselves!

Image Credit: 1 

Kristen is a senior with a major in Elementary School Education. She loves to read, camp, and hang out with her two dogs and awesome husband.
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!