Virginia 21 and SGA personnel, Jerry Solomon

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

What is your major?
Mass Communications with a concentration in Public Relations. I also double minor in Asian studies and Business.

What’s your year? 
2013 (Junior)

What are your plans for the future as far as your career is concerned?
 I hope to one day work for a corporation that allows me to travel. Hopefully I can work somewhere in Asia — the reason for my minor. 

Why do you think you are being selected for Campus Celebrity? 
I guess because I like to get involved with school, get to know people and try new things. I am kind of different in the crowd.

What are your weekend hobbies? 
 I like taking pictures, playing tennis, watching movies, going out with friends, listening to jazz, and attending live jazz concerts. I go to events that school organizations hold. I basically hang out with those people.

What organizations are you apart of?
 Student Government Association (SGA), Filipino Americans Coming Together (FACT), and Vietnamese Student Association (VSA), and I am interning with Viriginia 21.

What leadership positions do you hold?
Treasurer of FACT, PR Chair woman of SGA, and a SGA Senator

What do you like most about VCU 
The diversity – it’s pretty much the reason I come here. There are so many new things to try too. People are always on or around campus no matter what time so it’s not a dull campus. 

What advice do you have for younger students who hope to become as well-known and
involved as you?

Freshman year is your easiest because you are taking your intro classes. Try to get involved and put your foot in the water. Then get involved in what you’re interested in and follow what you are passionate about.

Explain the most rewarding part of being so involved here at VCU?
Get the most out of any organization that you join! A lot of people ask me why I care anymore because my experience is already on my resume; but when you’re really passionate about something, it’s more than just a title to add on your resume, it’s life experience too! Don’t limit yourself to experiencing only the general affect of what it means to be involved — ACTUALLY be apart of it.

Chelsea is a Her Campus alumnae and the Cofounder and former President and Editor-In-Chief of Virginia Commonwealth University's Her Campus chapter. Chelsea has diverse professional experience thanks to her many internships in college. Her experience includes working in the research department at Viacom's MTV, assisting the CEO of a boutique jewelry brand in NYC, and working at an English tourist magazine in Japan. Beyond her professional life, Chelsea is inspired by fashion, finance, all things Harry Potter, her dream of working for a company she loves, and her travels. Chelsea turns to Sailor Moon episodes and Harry Potter soundtracks when life gets tough. Also a good amount of shopping, traveling, and making memories with loved ones will maintain her status quo.Connect!LinkedIn Instagram: @chelsskubo