VCU Alum Creates Hipsta Bird

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

Flappy Bird had it’s 15 minutes of fame, and if you’re one of the lucky ones who didn’t delete it out of annoyance or spite — congratulations. For those of you not so lucky, there’s an alternative that you might find just as entertaining. I introduce to you — Hipsta Bird.

A VCU alum and one of our very own former Campus Celebrities David Janney created Hipsta Bird based on a code found at Hyspace. The concept is the same as Flappy Bird — tap the screen to keep Hipsta Bird alive and flying. Except in this game, you’re dodging razors. The goal? Keeping Hipsta Bird‘s beard intact! Play on, collegiettes! 

Click here to play Hipsta Bird

Sarah is from Lynchburg, Virginia but has lived in Richmond since attending Virginia Commonwealth University in 2012 where she studied Mass Communications with a concentration in print journalism. She began contributing to Her Campus at VCU as a freshman and was developed to lead the chapter as Campus Correspondent for two years where she increased membership by 65% and brought the chapter ranking from bronze level to platinum level. She enjoyed attending both the mid-atlantic conferences held with the chapter at the College of William & Mary and Her Conferences held in NYC.  Sarah currently works in the tech industry in marketing. She has a background in communications, hospitality and nonprofit consulting. She still loves attending VCU basketball games and also loves live music. In her free time, she likes going on long walks with her dog, tending to her house plants and cycling around downtown. Fun fact: she has never owned a car and is a community advocate for public transit. Connect with Sarah on LinkedIn.