Wellness > Health

Trendy Reusable Water Bottles

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

Hydration is the key to everything. A good immune system, body, skin and more! What makes hydrating more fun you might ask? Having that super cute water bottle, that’s what. Reusable water bottles have been in existence for a while now but it was not until recently when the trend of having that super personalized hydro flask with stickers became a thing. As a water bottle connoisseur myself, I have curated a list of water bottles that are practical, trendy and help cut out all that unnecessary plastic in your life.

1. Swell

My first trendy water bottle love! I was visiting family in DC. a few years back and all of them had these cute, oddly shaped water bottles in various colors in patterns. Since I was obsessing over them that whole weekend, my aunt ended up buying me a hot pink Swell from one of the local area boutiques. These amazing things come in three different sizes, and now have various shapes for the coffee drinkers out there. They keep your beverage hot or cold for 12 hours and are truly the biggest lifesaver! You can find Swell bottles on their website, as well as Nordstrom, Dillard’s and variety of local shops that sell certain colors and styles.

2. Hydro Flask

Hydro Flasks, quite similar to Swell bottles, also keep beverages hot or cold for 12 hours but are larger in size so more practical for those who need a lot of water without thinking about it. The caps also have a nice little handle so if your into hiking or activities that have a lot of movement involved, these are the bottles for you. Not to mention they have various sizes and a nice variety of solid colors. Perfect for personalizing with stickers of your choice to make it yours. You can find hydro flasks in some Whole Foods locations, REI or on their website as well for a list of other carriers.

3. CamelBak

These come in solid colors or usually are found in your university book store decked out in school spirit. I use mine for music festivals or events similar to that, they have a straw for convenience and are not too expensive. So if I lose it, I won’t be super heartbroken! CamelBak’s are found in school bookstores and stores like Dick’s Sporting Goods.

4. Bkr Glass Bottle

These are the cutest, I must admit. These come in two different sizes with a cute silicon sleeve making it easy to throw in your tote bag when you’re out for a long day! With a perfect top for sipping, it makes drinking water more convenient for those that have trouble finishing a bottle. I have found Bkr in Nordstrom, on their website and on Amazon with good color options!

These water bottles can range from $15 to $45 dollars, but the investment is definitely worth it! You will have your own style represented in the water bottle you choose while still keeping the environment into consideration. Since purchasing my original Swell, my intake of water has increased drastically by simply just having it as a habit to refill it as soon as it empties.

Photo Credit: 1, 2, 3, 4 

Aja is a Junior at VCU studying Political Science. She loves going to brunch, working out, healthy eating and is overly obessed with the Kardashians & her three dogs (Cooper, Bentley and Lulu). You can follow her on Instagram @ajaerinmo!