Swey’s Kitchen for the Cooking Collegiette: Rice Krispies for the Holidays

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

These delicious and festive marshmallow treats are perfect for the holiday season. They are fun for any holiday occassion and not to mention, yummy to eat!

HOLLY WREATH CHRISTMAS CANDY

1 stick butter
30 lg. marshmallows
1 tsp. vanilla
2 tsp. green food coloring
4 to 4 ½ c corn flakes
1 pkg. cinnamon red hots (sm. Round cinnamon candy)

1. Boil water in a pot
  2. Over that pot, place another pot and melt a stick of butter until melted (if you have a double boiler, use it!)
  3. Then add 30 marshmallows a little bit at a time with the butter until melted, stiring constantly
  4. Add 1 tsp of vanilla and 2 tsp of green food coloring until well blended.
  5. Take the top pot off the burner, and add corn flakes to the melted marshmallows a little bit at a time.
  6. Mix until corn flakes are completely covered in melted marshmallow  and butter
  7. Take a spoon and dip the krispie treats onto the wax paper
  8. Place cinnamon candy in the middle of each wreath. ( I add 3 pieces of cinnamon candy.)

The wreaths make a beautiful addition to any Christmas party tray — tastes delicious!

Chelsea is a Her Campus alumnae and the Cofounder and former President and Editor-In-Chief of Virginia Commonwealth University's Her Campus chapter. Chelsea has diverse professional experience thanks to her many internships in college. Her experience includes working in the research department at Viacom's MTV, assisting the CEO of a boutique jewelry brand in NYC, and working at an English tourist magazine in Japan. Beyond her professional life, Chelsea is inspired by fashion, finance, all things Harry Potter, her dream of working for a company she loves, and her travels. Chelsea turns to Sailor Moon episodes and Harry Potter soundtracks when life gets tough. Also a good amount of shopping, traveling, and making memories with loved ones will maintain her status quo.Connect!LinkedIn Instagram: @chelsskubo