Struggles of Being a Bad Texter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

Texting is an art that many have never seemed to master…here are some of the struggles all bad texters have faced.

Everyone seems to think you hate them, but you really don’t. 

When breaks come, you say “goodbye forever” to your friends because you know you won’t be texting them.

Feeling bad for anyone that dares to text you for help on the homework because you know you’ll reply five hours after the deadline.

You tried to warn them when you gave them your number, you really did try.  

When all of your friends know they need to text you at least three times to get a response.

You mentally respond but don’t actually respond for a solid week.

Your friends know they need to physically show up at your door because if they try to make plans over text, they will only see “Delivered”

Going actual months without talking to your long distance friends and missing them with all your heart.

I’ll reply soon, I promise. 

Your parents always think you’re dead.

People think your phone is seriously broken from all of the excuses you make about not getting their texts.

You get mad when people don’t respond to your texts within seconds after you take three days to text them back.

None of your friends understood why you were so upset when everyone went away to college..but you knew it was because you would probably never text them again. That goodbye hug was the last. 

You don’t know why it pains you so much to text..it just does. Here’s to hoping everyone will return to calling or some better form of communication. 

Salinna Lor is a freshman at Virginia Commonwealth University. She's addicted to coffee, frozen yogurt, vloggers, Kate Spade, and writing. You can catch her on Instagram or Twitter (@salinnalor)
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!