This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

Sometimes you meet someone who you just know is going to be a friend for life, and sometimes you meet someone who is literally the same person as you. It, of course, never happens instantly, but at some point in your friendship, you realize the two of you have basically morphed into one person. The following things are how you know you’re the same.

You’re obsessed with the same things

We’re obsessed with everything that is makeup, Beyonce, Jaclyn Hill and Scandal. 

You have the same humor

You end up laughing for hours about a single meme and no one else gets your jokes. 

You always ask for their input whenever buying anything

ESPECIALLY when it comes to clothes and makeup.

You have the same closet

You find yourselves buying the same outfits. And it’s never planned.

You’re each other’s No.1 fan 

You ensure you have post notifications for all of their social media accounts. It’s basically a mission ot be their first like.

You both can be a little petty at times

Sometimes a situation calls for pettiness and you know your twin will be at your right hand, matching your level of pettiness.

You’ve accepted being called the other’s name

“Hailey… Wait no… Katlyn!” “I meant Hailey!”

And there’s no one else you’d want to be your twin.

Katlyn Pierre is a senior at Virginia Commonwealth University. She is working for a degree in public relations. She has recently become a Publicist for Her Campus VCU in January of this year. Her aspirations include, but are not limited to, becoming the Olivia Pope of the cosmetics industry. She is fascinated by the millions of makeup trends on Youtube, PR disasters and Shonda Rhimes. When Katlyn decides to be a hermit on one of her days off, you can find her singing along to Moulin Rouge!
Hailey is a part-time photographer and full-time student, studying Biology at Virginia Commonwealth University in hopes of becoming a radiologist. In addition, she volunteers with various service organizations on campus. When she isn't volunteering or studying, Hailey enjoys judging coffee shops based on their caramel lattes, spending too much money on shoes, and exploring Richmond.
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!