Sheryce Holloway, Homecoming Committee Director

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

Sheryce Holloway

Year:

Senior (Graduation date-Spring 2014)

Hometown:

Newport News, VA

Major:

Marketing; Minor/Psychology

Birthday:

December 8, 1991

If you could describe yourself to our readers in a few sentences, who is Sheryce?

I am sassy, “very honest,” observant, preppy/urban, and optimistic. I work hard to not only take care of myself, but the people around me as well. I’m very independent and never look for notoriety in what I do; I just do it out of pure enjoyment. To know more about me, people can follow me on Twitter and Instagram @ _sheemm. :)

What student organizations are you apart of?

I’m the president of the Black Student Union, a member of Steep, NAACP and Black Caucus, and the director of the Homecoming Committee.

What can students expect differently from this homecoming versus the previous ones?

There will definitely be more activities, competitions, spirit-oriented, student involvement, and the biggest surprises VCU has seen yet!

While students are voting for who they want to perform at homecoming this year, who would you like to see?

The artists I like aren’t listed actually. I’m a fan of more of the old school genres like a Tribe called Quest, Naz, and Betty Wright. For newer artists, I like Fabolous, J.Cole, Boosie, Gucci, and Jeezy.

As the president of BSU as well, what do you like about the organization?

I like the fact that the issues we talk about, people genuinely care about them. VCU has so many cliques, that BSU gives us a way to unite the community. Plus, I met most of my friends through BSU.

So is a someone as busy as you, dating?

No! Well, it’s complicated. Lol

Well, since you “aren’t dating” what is your type?

I like a guy that’s educated, focused, athletic, spontaneous, tall, a great singer is a plus, and nice teeth.

What are your hobbies?

I enjoy working out, tasting “different beverages,” planning events, eating, and photography.

What are your pet peeves?

I can’t stand slow drivers, being confused, mayonnaise, people who bump into me without saying excuse me, being confused, tardiness, and when my friends are mad.

What’s an inner secret that no one knows about?

On my 21st birthday, I woke up in the hospital with a cut on the side of my eye, from running into a pole.  

Where are your plans for the future?

I would like to be a sports marketing executive, but for now I’m just living in the moment.

Lindsey Felder is a communications major with a concentration in public relations and a minor in public relations. Her hobbies are singing, listening to music, dancing, modeling, going to amusement parks, volunteering, shopping, playing soccer, running, and hanging with my friends.She aspires to be a public relations director or a music director for a music label/ radio station.
Sarah is a Mass Communications student at VCU with a concentration in Online/Print Journalism. She is passionate about veganism, traveling, music, health and fitness. Her plans after graduation are to move to NYC and work within the journalism field.