RVA Fashion Week: A Schedule of Events

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

Calling all Fashionistas — be sure to mark you calendars because the 6th Annual RVA Fashion week is here! Below is a schedule of the week and all its fabulous events you MUST attend!

DAY 1: Carytown Fashion Shows, Tour of Carytown Boutiques

This event kicks off fashion week for RVA. It will showcase all the collections from boutiques in Richmond’s Carytown such as AlterNatives (11 a.m.), GlassBoat (12 p.m.), Lou Lou (1 p.m.), Lex’s of Carytown (2 p.m.), and Fab’rik (3 p.m.). Be sure to come out and see some wonderful storefront fashions shows!

When: Sunday, April 27th

Where: Carytown

Time: 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.

FUN FACT: All boutiques are offering 20% off sales during the show hour.

DAY 2: Mix, Mingle, and Inspiring

This is a must-attend networking and mingling event. The Tobacco Comapany Restaurant is hosting this event. It was created for people to mix and mingle with the RVA Fashion week team, designers, models and photographers. Guest New York designer Misha Nonoo will be in attendance to talk about her inspirations and her start as a fashion designer!

When: Monday, April 28

Where: 1201 E. Cary St. Richmond, VA 23219 

Time: 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.

FUN FACT: This event is free and open to the public!

DAY 3: Jewelry & Accessories

This event will be held for jewelry designers. At this event they will be showcasing their designs on models as a live art exhibit!

When: Tuesday, April 29

Where: Glave Kocen Gallery 1620 W. Main Street, Richmond, VA 23220

Time: 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.

FUN FACT: Giveaways from Cosmpolitan Magazine, free food, and free and open to the public!

DAY 4: Art Gala @ UNOS

RVA Fashion Week is teaming up with United Network of Organ Sharing (UNOS). This event is an opporunity for local artists from all different backgrounds to showcase their work. This event will also reach out to the public about the UNOS and getting their message out there.

When: Wednesday, April 30

Where: 700 N. 4th St. Richmond, VA 23219 

Time: 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.

FUN FACT: Free event but donations are accepted

DAY 5: RVA Threads Block Party

RVA Threads Block Party is an evening for rising musical talent, food trucks and local breweries. There will be boutiques that sell vintage clothing from throughout Richmond. This event is basically a huge block party you won’t want to miss!

When: Thursday, May 1

Where: Norfolk Avenue, Richmond, VA 23230

Time: 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.

FUN FACT: Fun food trucks will be there!

DAY 6: Designer Runway Fashion Show

This final event is a great way to wrap up RVA Fashion Week. A final fashion show that features major local branads like Chilalay, Ashley Church, and Staurt King, to name a few.

When: Friday, May 2

Where: The Broadberry

Time: 8 p.m. to 11:58 p.m.

FUN FACT: (Okay maybe not so fun but…) $25 at the door, VIP $100 (includes seating for 3-5 guests)

DAY 7: Fashion Show Finale @ The National

This event is the main attraction that you don’t want to miss. In this finale fashion show all of Richmond’s local boutiques and upcoming fashion designers show off what they’ve got! 

When: Saturday, May 3

Where: 708 East Broad Street Richmond, VA 23219

Time: 7 p.m. to 11 p.m.

FUN FACT: Upcoming brand Chililay makes it’s first appearance in RVA Fashion Week FInale Show

Day 8: Trunk Show @ City Observation Deck

When: Sunday, May 4

Where: 900 East Broad Street Richmond, VA 23219

Time: 2 p.m.- 6 p.m.

FUN FACT: Get to experience a breath taking view of the city while shopping! What is better than that?

For any additional information be sure to check www.rvafashionweek.com and hope to see you there!

Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!