halloween costumes enneagram types?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
halloween costumes enneagram types?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Scott Yamano/NETFLIX © 2020

Rating My Past Halloween Costumes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

Halloween wasn’t always a big holiday for me. I loved it as a kid then when I got to a certain age, it was seen as “uncool” to dress up or go trick-or-treating. It wasn’t until my senior year of high school when my friends and I would dress up and make a holiday out of it again.

Here are some of the Halloween outfits I’ve worn in the past and how I’d rate them now!

Starting off with the one and only… devil. (2020)

I would say it was very basic of me. I just had the devil ears and a red satin dress on. I did, however, do a really cool makeup look with rhinestones and red eyeshadows. I would give the devil costume a 6/10, solely because of the eyeshadow.

My butterfly costume (2020)

I loved this one at the time but now it just doesn’t look like a butterfly to me. I wore this headband with two antennas and some wings. I definitely got a lot of questions about what I actually was but it was very cute. I had a bright blue mesh top on with a black skirt. I’d rate my butterfly costume a 7/10. 

Probably my favorite of all time… Cruella Deville (2021) 

This costume was probably the one I spent the most time prepping for and the one I love the most. After watching the new Cruella with Emma Stone, I knew I had to be her for halloween. I had a red satin dress with a dalmatian printed jacket. I wore red gloves and had red lipstick with green eyeshadow. I would have to rate this halloween costume a 9/10 because there is always room for a better costume in my eyes. 

Pig costume (2021)

My pig costume was unique, I don’t think many people think about being a pig for halloween. I had this pink velvet two piece set with a mini skirt and a tube top. I had little ears, a bow tie and a nose. It was simple but cute. I would rate it a 7/10. 

Business bunny (2022)

For this costume, I had platinum blonde hair with a satin white shirt with business pants on. It was a classic bunny ears but I made it into business vibes. I loved how I looked in this outfit, although it wasn’t going all out or putting a lot of effort into it. I think those make the best costumes. I would rate this costume an 8/10.

Cowboy (2022) 

Funny story behind this costume… I actually had to take my friend to the hospital in this one. Other than that, it was pretty basic and a little bit too USA for me personally. I love a good denim on denim so I wore a denim skirt with a denim jean jacket. I think that’s the only part of it that I loved. I would rate this costume a 6/10. 

Brooke Lindberg is a communication journalism major at Virginia Commonwealth University. She loves writing about personal issues and hopes to reach some readers that relate:)