This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

Law Roach is a retired American fashion stylist, best known for his celebrity stylings with Zendaya, Ariana Grande and Celine Dion. He is also well known for being a judge on the show “Legendary,” a vogueing reality competition series that streams on HBO Max. Since the early 2000s, Law has been an influential part of the fashion scene in Hollywood. Here are a few of his impactful looks throughout the years.

Ariana Grande’s Cinderella moment

Ariana Grande strutted the Grammys in her Giambattista Valli gown in 2020, styled by Law Roach. While being nominated for five awards, Grande also perfected the princess aesthetic with this dress.

Tom and Zendaya’s Spider looks

The “dynamic duo” of a couple and co-stars appeared in Law’s styled outfits at the “Spider-Man: No Way Home” premiere in December of 2021. Zendaya’s dress had a black web-like design on it, while Holland wore a black, asymmetrical suit. Law thanked the couple for their “love, patience and grace” on Instagram

Hunter Shafer’s two-piece era

Hunter Schafer has shocked the world with her unforgettable two-piece sets, styled by Law Roach. The first one debuted during the 2021 Met Gala event, according to Vanity Fair. Along with shocking, all-white contacts and face jewelry consisting of a single silver glued between their eyes, Hunter played off a 1999 Prada look to accomplish this futuristic, sci-fi look.

Hunter’s second two-piece moment happened recently at the Oscars after-party, consisting of a simple silk maxi skirt and revealing top of just one single feather. Law Roach posted this look to his Instagram, stating “And then there was Hunter…” 

Kerry Washington or Cleopatra?

Kerry Washington has been styled many times by Law Roach, according to his Instagram. One of the most significant outfits is the Zuhair Murad gown that she wore to the 2020 Vanity Fair Oscar party. This two-piece set is intricately styled with vibrant, multi-colored patterns and gold undertones. On Law’s Instagram, his caption stated “What Cleopatra really looked like…” 

There are so many more iconic looks by Law Roach that can be found. Since he recently retired, I hope people continue to appreciate his impact on the fashion industry and all of the times he’s shocked the world with his outfit choices.

Chloe Hawkins currently attends VCU pursuing a major in Mass Communications with a focus in digital journalism and a minor in history. She has many interests including politics, the environment, and education. Her main goal while writing for HERCampus is to connect with more people in the Richmond area.