This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

Name: Kristin Dukes

Hometown: Conyers, GA

Year: Senior

Major: Public Relations with a Business minor

Relationship Status: Single

Reason for coming to VCU: VCU had the best mass communications program in the area, and I wanted to stay closer to home this time around.

What is your favorite thing about Richmond?: There is so much opportunity to witness different types of art and culture right here in the city.

What clubs/organizations are you involved in on campus?: Vice President of GroupModa Fashion Organization and Modeling Troupe; member of Phi Sigma Pi National Honor Fraternity

Where do you see yourself in 10 years? Hopefully happy, moved out of Virginia, married with children, and working for the National Basketball Association.

What are 5 things you can’t live without? Music, my glasses, basketball, my family, and potatoes

What’s an interesting fact about you? I played one year of Division 1 basketball at Bucknell University.

What is your dream guy like? My dream guy is someone who knows how to balance excelling in life with having fun; someone who isn’t afraid to take a risk when it comes to achieving their goals.  I would love to be with someone I have common interests with, such as a love of sports, food, and music, but is also different enough to where we can learn from each other and grow as people.  It would also be ideal if he was at least 6’0 so I could still wear my heels.

How would you describe yourself in 3 words? Spontaneous, Head-strong, and Passionate

If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go? Egypt!  I love ancient Egyptian culture and mythology and would enjoy seeing all of the old architecture there.

Portia, is a 22 year old Senior majoring in Cinema and double minoring in General Business and Media Studies at VCU. She transferred from The University of Hawaii at Leeward Community College, after graduating in 2012 with an Associate in Science in Television Production. Portia has a passion for all things art related, asian cuisine, traveling, and Bollywood movies.  In the future, she aspires to one day return to Hawaii and direct and create movies of all different genres and continue her passion for the arts.
Sarah is a Mass Communications student at VCU with a concentration in Online/Print Journalism. She is passionate about veganism, traveling, music, health and fitness. Her plans after graduation are to move to NYC and work within the journalism field.