This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

Name: Jan Junloy

Year: Sophomore

Birthday: January 11, 1996

Major: Graphic Design

Hometown: Born in Bangkok, Thailand. Went to high school in Falls Church, Virginia

Favorite Animal: Cats

Relationship Status: Single

Celebrity Crush: Nick Bateman

What’s your zodiac sign? Capricorn

You’re an artist and graphic designer, can you show us some of your work? 

Art is one of your biggest talents, what’s one of your hidden talents?

It’s not really hidden, but not a lot of people know about it. I can spin and toss flags and rifle since I spent three years in color guard. I also do dance covers.

What should the average VCU student know about AFO (Art Foundation)?

It’s not as easy as you think being an art major. Although my goal was to get into the Graphic Design major, AFO challenged me to do something I’m not always comfortable with such as drawing nude models, making performance videos, creating wood sculptures or even sewing. Also, even if you complete the assignment and make it perfect, if it doesn’t blow the professor’s mind, you’re most likely not going to get an A. It’s a lot more stressful than what most people think.

What was your favorite memory in AFO?

Instead of having class on the day we receive our letters saying we get into our first choice program or not, my professor had us meet up at Village Café, and let us take a break from art with milkshakes!

What are some other organizations you are involved in?

I’m an active member of a co-ed service fraternity Alpha Phi Omega and F.A.C.T (Filipino Americans Coming Together). I’m also a blood drive coordinator with the American Red Cross.

Where do you find yourself on a lazy Sunday evening? 

On my bed watching TV shows

What TV Shows are you currently following? 

Oh, I follow A LOT of TV shows! I don’t know how I have time for all these: Vampires Diaries, The Original, America’s Next Top Model, Law and Order SVU, The Flash, Arrow, Once Upon a Time and three more Thai dramas.

What about a busy Monday morning? 

At the graphic design building, Pollak.

Favorite thing about VCU? 

There are so many things to do at VCU from volunteering, trying new restaurants, attending festivals, enjoying natures, going downtown at night or just meeting new people from different cultures and places. I can always find something to do.

Favorite thing about being an art major? 

There’s not that much studying and memorizing. Most of the works we do are actual physical work. Even though it takes longer time sometimes to produce the work, it’s more fun, and I get to keep all the work I do and hang them up on my wall or give them to my friends.

What’s your favorite place to go in Richmond? 

Japanese Garden in Maymont

Katie is a 21 year old Psychology major at Virginia Commonwealth University. Her legal name is Katherine, but only her mother can call her that when she's in trouble. She loves coffee, lipstick, science, leggings, and people who properly cite their sources.
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!