Help Chelsea & Mymy Win a Trip to Europe with Contiki!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

As best friends
for 10 years, it seems as if  Mymy Dinh and I have been through it all! From elementary school, middle school, high school, and college, we’ve been each other’s partners in crime and shoulder to lean on through thick and thin.

Last summer we applied to start our own branch of the online women’s magazine, Her Campus, and started a whole different level of our friendship! From zero members to over 30 along with a PR Team and leaders, we’ve worked hard to build our organization and spread all there is to love about Her Campus!

Each week we publish at least 7 articles written by college women and men at our university! We host meetings, events, and have even traveled with our members! 

Now, Her Campus and Contiki Holidays is offering us a trip of a lifetime to Europe! You can help us win by letting them know we deserve it by voting for us! You can vote once a day, so please vote more than once to help us out! 

Vote here!
 Vote here! Vote Here! Vote Here! Vote Here! Vote Here! Vote Here! Vote Here!

Her Campus VCU Accomplishments:
  • We’re a start-up branch!
  • Established ourselves as an official student organization
  • 0 to 35 members in less than one school-year
  • Our graphic designer, Darryl Sharp Jr., is an intern for the national level of Her Campus
  • Interviews with well-known Richmond locals like DJ Long Jawns and photographer and blogger Erik Fox (both articles were featured on “Today’s Top Articles From the My Campus Branches”)
  • The President, Chelsea Kubo, first contacted Dylan Maureen about hosting a conference to connect HC branches across Virginia
  • Thanksgiving Potluck: our first event that generated a lot of publicity and increased HC spirits, publicity, and team-bonding; the Creative Director of the well-known and leading local magazine, RVA, attended and spoke to our members about his work
  • Ugly Sweater Christmas Party: large turn-out! increased HC spirits, publicity, and team-bonding
  • Valentine’s Day Social: over 100 students attended, partnered with RVA Play who made us Swag Bags, also partnered with Mary Kay who provided free facials and swag bags
  • Attended the HC Inter-Collegiette Conference
  • Multiple articles of ours have appeared on the  “Today’s Top Articles From the My Campus Branches” list
  • We highlighted a #WomenoftheDay throughout the month of March in honor of Women’s History Month and made the national HC newslettter!

Best friends since fifth grade! Mymy Dinh (second from the left) and Chelsea Kubo (third to the left)!

– VIP and backstage for our interview with DJ Long Jawns at VCU’s most anticipated monthly party, Brain Drain — one of our biggest breaks and largest forms of publicity!

– Our graphic designer created this collage of first semester! 

– At the HC Inter-Collegiette Conference at W&M!

– With the President and Co-Founder of Her Campus Magazine herself, Windsor Genevieve Hanger

Vote here:

>>>>> http://www.hercampus.com/travel/campustocontiki <<<<<<

Chelsea is a Her Campus alumnae and the Cofounder and former President and Editor-In-Chief of Virginia Commonwealth University's Her Campus chapter. Chelsea has diverse professional experience thanks to her many internships in college. Her experience includes working in the research department at Viacom's MTV, assisting the CEO of a boutique jewelry brand in NYC, and working at an English tourist magazine in Japan. Beyond her professional life, Chelsea is inspired by fashion, finance, all things Harry Potter, her dream of working for a company she loves, and her travels. Chelsea turns to Sailor Moon episodes and Harry Potter soundtracks when life gets tough. Also a good amount of shopping, traveling, and making memories with loved ones will maintain her status quo.Connect!LinkedIn Instagram: @chelsskubo