This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

Hannah Sullivan 

Name: Hannah Sullivan

Hometown: Mechanicsville, Virginia

Major: World Studies, concentration in social justice

Year: Freshman 

Relationship Status: Single 

Student Orgs that you’re a part of: YoungLife and InterVarsity.

What is your favorite thing about VCU? Why did you choose to come here? My favorite thing about being at VCU is being in the city. I love walking around on uneven pavement with the aroma of coffee wafting out of almost every window, and the faint sound of an acoustic instrument in the background. I see so much life, creativity and diversity in VCU, that seems to emulate beyond the campus’s boarders. I chose to come to VCU primarily because of its location and opportunities, but I wouldn’t say it was a choice that I was really confident in.  Some people think that campus is a pretty dark place, but I’ve been fortunate enough to experience some amazing things within these walls that have far exceeded my expectations. 

Favorite place in Richmond? Undeniably the fan. 

Favorite pick-up line? ”I’m no organ donor, but I’d be happy to give you my heart.”

What’s something most people don’t know about you? I like to write and I appreciate a good book. 

Who is your greatest influence or role model? All the strong females in my life. And Beyonce. 

What are 5 things you can’t live without? The Bible, Almonds, the Avett Brothers, TOMS, and mildly diluted coffee. 

What is your biggest fear? Being in the compass during election months and not being registered to vote. 

Which celebrity would you choose to play you in the movie of your life? Anna Kendrick. 

What is your biggest pet peeve? When the seat belt is twisted and there is absolutely no way to fix it. 

Who is your celebrity crush? Chase Crawford or Chad Michael Murray. I’ll let them duke it out to see who wins.  

Any hidden talents? I can take a shower in three minutes without skipping a step. I wish it was the ability to sing. 

What is the best advice you ever received? “There are two kinds of people in the world, the kinds of people that split the world into two kinds of people, and those who don’t.” 

How would you describe yourself in 3 words? I am loved. 

Portia, is a 22 year old Senior majoring in Cinema and double minoring in General Business and Media Studies at VCU. She transferred from The University of Hawaii at Leeward Community College, after graduating in 2012 with an Associate in Science in Television Production. Portia has a passion for all things art related, asian cuisine, traveling, and Bollywood movies.  In the future, she aspires to one day return to Hawaii and direct and create movies of all different genres and continue her passion for the arts.
Sarah is from Lynchburg, Virginia but has lived in Richmond since attending Virginia Commonwealth University in 2012 where she studied Mass Communications with a concentration in print journalism. She began contributing to Her Campus at VCU as a freshman and was developed to lead the chapter as Campus Correspondent for two years where she increased membership by 65% and brought the chapter ranking from bronze level to platinum level. She enjoyed attending both the mid-atlantic conferences held with the chapter at the College of William & Mary and Her Conferences held in NYC.  Sarah currently works in the tech industry in marketing. She has a background in communications, hospitality and nonprofit consulting. She still loves attending VCU basketball games and also loves live music. In her free time, she likes going on long walks with her dog, tending to her house plants and cycling around downtown. Fun fact: she has never owned a car and is a community advocate for public transit. Connect with Sarah on LinkedIn.