Four Reasons Why It’s Okay to be a “B***h”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

You know you’ve kicked a** when you’re called a b***h. Women should stop being judged harshly for their success so I think it’s time women put a positive spin on the B word. Go ahead, call us a b***h. It just lets us know we’ve succeeded, hurt your ego and made you realize we don’t care what you think. The following are reasons why it’s okay to be called the oh-so-hated B word: 

1. You’ve done something right and have had success.

While some people may applaud your success because they’ve seen how hard you’ve worked, not everyone will share your happiness. Ignore the haters and keep climbing the ladder. 

2. You have self-confidence.

The way you carry yourself can say a lot. Not everyone is comfortable with the self-confidence of others because it may come off strong. Just keep on keepin on.

3. You don’t beat around the bush.

Honesty is the best policy and while it may hurt some, you tell it like it is.

4. You avoid conforming to society’s standards.

Being yourself is important when you’re trying to reach your goals. It can help keep you grounded when you encounter a rough patch. 

Love yourself. You’re awesome the way you are, bitchy and all. 

Image 1

Image 2

Image 3

Image 4

Jocelin is a sophomore at Virginia Commonwealth University where she is studying print journalism with a minor in general business. In between classes and work, she enjoys drinking coffee, watching Netflix, and working out. She hopes to one day be the editor-in-chief of a magazine and live in NYC. She is a Pinterest enthusiast and loves DIY projects.
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!