Finding the Perfect Parasol

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

Stand out in this gloomy weather by showing off your latest trendy accessory – your umbrella! Rainy days automatically call for lazy and bummy outfits, but with the right umbrella in hand, you can face the next downpour in style.

Floral Umbrellas

Carry around a classy black and white floral patterned umbrella! It’s chic and can make any outfit look fashion-forward.

Go bold and stand out with eye-catching colors! This umbrella can brighten the gloomiest of days!

Print Umbrellas

Stay fierce with animal print umbrellas…

…or be playful with printed rainbow hearts, smiley faces and peace signs…

…or keep it casual with a cute polka dot print umbrella!

Solid-colored Umbrellas

You can never go wrong with a classic black umbrella! It’s tasteful and sophisticated, especially when paired with a super cute outfit and matching black rainboots.

Add a pop of color to your outfit by making your bright umbrella the center of your ensemble!

A new popular rain-wear trend is the bubble umbrella! It is sure to keep you, and most importantly, your outfit, dry on those cold rainy days!

Uh-oh Umbrellas

Ever have those painfully embarassing moments when the wind is blowing so hard, it turns your umbrella inside out? Don’t sweat it, even collegiettes™ share those humiliating umbrella mishaps!

Kristina Hipolito is a Chesapeake native and a sophomore at Virginia Commonwealth University. As a Mass Communications major with a concentration in Public Relations, she has a passion for writing, traveling, and event planning. Her aspirations include one day moving to the big city and working in either the entertainment travel/leisure, or media industry as a PR Professional, Marketing Coordinator, or Event Planner. In her spare time, you can find her on campus running to her next meeting or updating her multiple social networking sites. Follow her on Twitter @ktinaah or read her blog kristinahipolito.blogspot.com!
Sarah is a Mass Communications student at VCU with a concentration in Online/Print Journalism. She is passionate about veganism, traveling, music, health and fitness. Her plans after graduation are to move to NYC and work within the journalism field.