This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

Q: My roommate is a slob! She hasn’t made her bed since move in day and her things are overflowing everywhere. I can’t even walk without tripping or bumping into something. Every time I say something she promises to clean but never does. What should I do?

There is no such thing as a “perfect roommate.” We’ve all been there — whether it’s a roommate that invades your personal space, eats your food, or leaves dirty socks on the floor. Although it must be annoying to constantly see your roommate’s bed unmade and her things everywhere, I’m afraid the only thing you can do is make sure she doesn’t invade your side of the room. No matter how many times you tell her to clean up, she probably won’t continue doing it in the long-run because that’s just what she’s used to. However, it’s vital that she stays on her side of the room. That might mean taping your room smack down in the middle to make sure she doesn’t invade it. Whatever it takes to ensure that she doesn’t cross the line. You shouldn’t have to be tripping or bumping into things in your own room. 

Q: If you’re single, where are the best places to meet a guy? For that matter, where are the best places to meet a girl?

For me, the best places to meet people have come through involving myself in clubs, preferably co-ed clubs! Don’t be afraid to open up to people and if you think someone is cute, then go for it. VCU offers a lot of diverse clubs for many different interests, so just do your research. When you get involved, you’ll most likely meet someone that shares your interests!

Have a question? We want to help! Submit your questions anonymously here!
Hello! My name is Noura Bayoumi and I am a senior at Virginia Commonwealth University. I am studying print journalism with a minor in English. In my free time, I like to explore the city, spend time with my friends and family, and go outdoors.
Jessica is a Theatre Major with a concentration in Costume Design. Although design is her passion, she loves writing and is so glad to be a part of Her Campus VCU. She hopes you enjoy her writing as much as she enjoys writing it.
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!