This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

VCU is not your traditional campus. It’s home to Richmond and the campus never really has a quiet or dull day when the Rams are there. If you’ve been graced by repping the black and gold, more likely than not you’ve done everything on this list. So, how much of a VCU Ram are you?

Richmond VA at sunset
Original photo by Miriam Gibson
Had Christian’s pizza past midnight

The pizza simply hits different when it’s late after a night out. If it’s 2 a.m., half of the party is probably already in line or at the line to Cook Out on Broad.

said or heard someone say “Our football team is still undefeated”

Every Ram is (willingly) deprived from the beauty of tailgates and football games at VCU. Go VCU basketball, though.

Hung out in monroe park

The park is gorgeous and usually the spot to be on warm Richmond days. Watch out for rats, though.

Admired every art and fashion student’S outfit

Or maybe they’re science majors. Who knows? All Rams know by now that campus can seem like a big runway. And we’re here for it!

Made a wish on the ram horns in the commons

I don’t know if this is still a tradition post quarantine/COVID, but it was a big thing that during your orientation, you walk up to the ram horns and make a wish.

Regardless if it’s past your orientation, every Ram should do it. It’s a rite of passage.

gotten a parking ticket

VCU Transportation and the City of Richmond is WICKED. Nobody is safe from that green/yellow paper on their windshield.

Heard a johnson dorm horror story

Johnson residents deserved better.

Spent a night out at tap

For all the legal people, at least one of your weekends involved you going to Taphouse and switching between being upstairs and downstairs for the whole night. Bonus Ram points if you stood on the outside steps with the rest of the crowd for at least five minutes after staff already kicked you out.

studied at cabell

VCU’s library is one of the few on campus things to brag about.

worked out at Cary Street Gym

The place where college gym rats are born.

mourned the loss of the on-campus ihop and waffle house

If you were a Ram before 2020, you were privileged. The loss of two GOATs of breakfast chains just gone? It’s a shame.

Not Gone more than a day without hearing the ambulances

Never a dull moment in the city.

Got a piercing or tattoo at lucky 13

VCU students know what the inside of Lucky 13 looks like. They just do.

been to belle isle

This is another common hangout spot on warm days for a lot of Rams. Every student should cross the bridge at least once.

been grossed out by vcu dinING

Shafer Street Dining Center is a menace.

Kaylah Young is a senior at VCU. She is majoring in Mass Communications with a concentration in journalism, and a minor in political science. Kaylah has a passion for writing, reading books, and working out at the gym.