Are You Keeping Up With the Kardashians?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

Everyone knows the most famous family in the world, the Kardashian-Jenners. If you don’t, where have you been over the last 20 years? The family consists of mother Kris and her six children: Kourtney, Kim, Khloe, Rob, Kendall and Kylie. With the children also come their partners, children, close friends, etc. The family has grown tremendously over the years and there is always some “breaking news” about them in the media. 

The latest gossip is centered around the youngest sister, Kylie Jenner, and her new beau, Timothee Chalamet. Kylie and Timothee were first spotted cuddling up with one another at a Beyonce concert. Then, the public saw them together at the US Open. A few days ago, Kylie was getting her photo taken and had her phone unlocked, displaying her lock screen as an adorable photo of her and Timothee. This relationship has sparked a large amount of controversy for a few different reasons. Many people have been hating on them since they don’t seem or “look like” they would be together. As well, many can’t see Timothee being a stepfather to Kylie’s children, Stormi and Aire. The main pot stirrer here is that Kylie and her baby daddy, Travis Scott, have not been broken up for a long time, so some believe that she is moving on too fast. 

In my opinion, Kylie and Timothee have grown on me a lot, and I think that they look very cute together. As well, Travis Scott has moved on quickly from Kylie, he was able to find a Kylie dupe and date her! Kylie seems to be much happier in this relationship and looks like she is glowing on social media. I’m happy for King Kylie. 

Kylie’s big sister Kendall Jenner has also been in some relationship controversy lately. Kendall Jenner and rapper Bad Bunny’s new relationship has had the media buzzing with questions. Kendall and Bad Bunny have seemingly been seeing each other since February of this year and were first spotted as a couple at an NBA basketball game. Since first being spotted with each other, they have been to premieres, concerts, festivals, etc. The unlikely pair can’t seem to get enough of each other as they have been seen kissing and dancing at different events over the last few months. 

I would have never thought these two would get together, but I honestly ship it. They are so cute and seem to really be enjoying each other’s company. Sometimes the most unlikely pairs are the best. 

The final Kardashian that we will be discussing is Kourtney Kardashian-Barker and her baby on the way. The eldest daughter, Kourtney, at age 44, is expecting her fourth child with Blink-182 drummer, Travis Barker. Travis and Kourtney have been trying for a baby since their engagement, and after many treatments, trials, and tribulations; Kourtney got pregnant with a baby boy. Earlier this month, Kourtney had some pregnancy complications and had to be rushed into urgent fetal surgery. Luckily, it seems that both Kourtney and the baby are fine, and she has been resting since the procedure. The couple is expecting their baby later this year, and the whole world is so excited to meet him!

Now that you are caught up with the Kardashians, what are your thoughts? Do you ship Timothee and Kylie, and Bad Bunny and Kendall?

Irelyn Rogan is studying Elementary Education with a minor in Psychology at Virginia Commonwealth University. Irelyn is a third-year student, and this is her fifth semester as a HerCampus journalist! She is very interested in lifestyle, pop culture, and entertainment in general.