All About The Blossoming Romance Between Taylor Swift And Travis Kelce

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

I feel like every person on the planet has heard about the blossoming romance between international pop star Taylor Swift and Super Bowl-winning NFL player Travis Kelce. The two love birds continue being caught while kissing, holding hands, or looking lovingly into one another’s eyes more often than not. Their new romance is one that no one could have predicted, but simply just makes sense. Every day we learn something new about their relationship, so allow me to break it down for you

Through old interviews, it looks like Kelce has been crushing on Swift for a long time now. On Kelce’s podcast, New Heights with Jason and Travis Kelce, he said he went to one of Swift’s concerts over the summer. He decided to “shoot his shot” and made her a bracelet with his number on it. This is where it all began! After making the first move, he invited her to watch one of the Chiefs’ games in his box seats. Once Taylor did this, the world went crazy. Everyone was in shock over the new lovers, including Kelce’s teammates. Patrick Mahomes, Kelce’s teammate and close friend, seemed to be absolutely baffled when he saw Swift show up to their game, and rightfully so. 

After the game ended, Kelce and Swift left together and drove into the sunset in their getaway car; how perfect is that? Since that night, they have been seen on dates, hanging out with friends, etc. There is even a recent photograph of them where Swift’s lipstick is smudged, and you can see it on Kelce’s face! I’m happy to say that their relationship seems legit, not just for the publicity. 

Not to mention the invisible string theory working overtime here! There are so many unexplainable similarities between Kelce and Swift that just shows they are meant to be! Thank you to TikTok for pointing out all of these small things that we may have ended up missing:

1. Travis is her 13th boyfriend 
  2. Travis has the same birthday as Swift’s grandmother, Marjorie 
  3. Travis was born in 1989, the same as one of Taylor’s album names
  4. In one of Taylor’s songs, she says, “I’ll be 87, you’ll be 89,” and 87 is Travis’ jersey number 
  5. A fan brought her a Travis Kelce jersey years ago 
  6. In one of her songs, she talks about going to the arrowhead, which is the Chief’s logo 

I could keep going, but those are just a few coincidences. Do you believe in the invisible string theory? Do you think Kelce and Swift are really meant to be? I sure hope so because they are so cute together!

Irelyn Rogan is studying Elementary Education with a minor in Psychology at Virginia Commonwealth University. Irelyn is a third-year student, and this is her fifth semester as a HerCampus journalist! She is very interested in lifestyle, pop culture, and entertainment in general.