7 Walking Dead Gifs That Describe Life as a VCU Student

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

Being a student at Virginia Commonwealth University is great, but, oftentimes, life on campus eerily resembles television’s most popular post-apocalyptic show. 

1. Walking to your 8 a.m. with your fellow sleep deprived peers.

Somehow the term “the walking dead” just seems so appropriate before 9 a.m.

2. When it’s midnight and you’re hungry so you go to Panda only to discover that they’re out of orange chicken.

And fried rice. And white rice. And soda. And everything else that makes your sad, empty college student stomach happy again.

3. When it’s 11:58 p.m. and you’re scrambling to finish and submit your online homework by 11:59 p.m..

Let’s face it, though. You’re practically a pro at getting things finished at the last minute.

4. When someone in your squad suggests eating at Shafer…again.

You can only handle so much.

5. Realizing that you may be in over your head with your crazy complicated degree.

But, don’t give up! You can do it!

6. Seeing other students talk back to a professor.

In the words of Thumper from Bambii, “If you can’t say somethin’ nice, don’t say nothin’ at all.”

7. When you need to reassure your friends that everything will be okay and you’ve got their back.

College is tough, but you can always count on your friends to make it better!

Emily Gerber is a Creative Advertising and English double major at Virginia Commonwealth University. She likes to refer to herself as “Tom Hanks’ adopted daughter,” and is a self-proclaimed succulent mom who takes care of the numerous small cacti living on the windowsill in her apartment. Emily appreciates people who *attempt* to beat her at Disney trivia and wants to dedicate all of her articles to her dog, Daisy.
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!