photo of corn field
photo of corn field
Aaron Burden/Unsplash

5 Things You Think About Before Going Home for Thanksgiving

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

With Thanksgiving fast approaching, there are many things going through the mind of a college student facing the last few weeks before packing up to leave. 

1. The Food

Of course, one of the most important things on your mind. REAL. FOOD. Never again will you take even leftovers at home for granted. You can eat as much food as you’d like without any judgement.

2.   Seeing everyone in your family

This may be a good thing… but usually, you don’t really look forward to making your way through what may seem like dozens of relatives you haven’t seen in a while. It may get exhausting trying to fill them in on years of how you’ve been doing since you’ve last seen them.

3. The college stories

“Do you like your classes?” “How many credits are you taking?” family members and friends ask you. It may seem like a lot at once, but they genuinely want to know how the college life is treating you, even if you just end up eyeing the corn bread instead of making eye contact with them.

4. CHRISTMAS IS COMING

It’s getting closer to the end of November, which means it’s getting closer to the month of December, and what’s in the month of December? CHRISTMAS.

5. Friends

Most of us are excited to go back home and see our friends from high school to reconnect and fill each other in on our new life experiences. It’ll feel just like old times!

Images 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Brezaja is a sophomore studying film in the School of the Arts at Virginia Commonwealth University. When not writing articles for Her Campus at VCU, you can usually find them endlessly browsing Netflix or checking social media, mostly Instagram and Twitter. They try to be as open-minded as possible, and don't mind having conversations with others about social issues. After college, they dream of being an art director for films.
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!