This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

It’s finally here! The season we have all been waiting for. The time of the year when you can step outside and it’s not too hot nor cold, and everything looks pretty. There are a lot of things to love about the fall season, but these five definitely take the cake:

1. Fall Fashion

Hats. LAYERS. Scarves. Denim Jackets. LAYERS. Boots. Did I mention layers?​​

Fall is definitely the best time to sport your personal style. Say goodbye to the mundane shirt and shorts and make way for some great combos that turn heads. Beanies start to emerge from wardrobes, along with infinity scarves and unique denim jackets, which are always the perfect touch. As far as boots go, the possibilities are endless. Whether its ankle boots, heeled boots or Doc Martens, whatever you choose will further accentuate your outfit. Just the idea of having variety is exciting. Which would you choose: sandals every day, or a different type of footwear for each look? The traditional fall colors are great, too. Rich burgundies, rusty oranges and golden yellows complement each other so well, and look great on anyone who wears them.  It’s almost impossible to run out of options when shopping for fall apparel.

2. Food

Soo good.

It happens every year. Starbuck’s PSL is back, and the line is to the door at all locations, as usual. Arguably one of the greatest things about fall is pumpkin-flavored foods. Get ready for the endless supply of pies and cookies to devour at any function with family or friends.

3. Halloween

Time to get spooky!

When people think about fall, usually the first thing that comes to mind is Halloween. It’s every kid’s idea of a fun time, and it gives college kids an excuse to dress up in elaborate or silly costumes. There seem to be things related to Halloween everywhere: in movies, amusement parks, college campuses and on dorm room doors. It’s hard to escape, but that’s what makes it so fun. The best part is, no one judges you for how extra you get about Halloween. Honestly, we all just want candy.

4. Scenery

All the pretty colors!

In the next few weeks, falling autumn leaves will decorate campus with vibrant colors. It’s the official sign of the fall season approaching, Yes, it may be annoying to walk through, but it almost makes one feel nostalgic about jumping in the pile of dead leaves as a kid. Plus, the red and golden glow of everything makes for great pictures.

5. Holidays

Food + Family + Friends = Happiness

The break every college kid dreams about. Getting home cooked meals, spending time with family and trying to save as many extra leftovers possible before going back to campus. The one day of the year when you can eat as much as you can stomach without anyone judging you because they’re probably doing the same thing. 

After Thanksgiving is Black Friday, which is equally, if not more exciting. EVERYTHING is on sale: clothes, electronics and more. Seriously though, what can top items that are on sale? Just make sure you’re in the store line early if you plan to go out that night. The crowds can get kind of messy, but that’s what adds to the rush, right?

So show your fall spirit! There is so much to be excited about this year!

Brezaja is a sophomore studying film in the School of the Arts at Virginia Commonwealth University. When not writing articles for Her Campus at VCU, you can usually find them endlessly browsing Netflix or checking social media, mostly Instagram and Twitter. They try to be as open-minded as possible, and don't mind having conversations with others about social issues. After college, they dream of being an art director for films.
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!